Class 1 Whitehorse - New Hire Bonus $4,500!
Canada Cartage was founded in 1914 and is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms.
We are looking for professional and safety oriented Class 1 Truck Drivers in Whitehorse, Yukon for our Highway Switches going to Fort Nelson, BC. If you love being on the road and enjoy scenic drives this is the perfect opportunity for you!
New Hire Bonus of $4500!
Why work for Canada Cartage
- We provide consistent
year roundwork and due to our company size and customer diversity we will have additional work for those who want more
- Once on
boardyou can earn bonuses by referring your friends and family to come work with us from $4500 (restrictions apply)
- Earn between $70,000—$75,000/year
- We have various company perks such as company phone, uniform/safety boot allowance and discount programs for gym memberships, auto services, etc.
- Canada Cartage offers a modern
- Safety-oriented company with a safety program in place
- Company-matching pension plan and competitive benefits package
- There are opportunities for career advancements through training and development
Your Daily Responsibilities:
- Start trip in Whitehorse, Yukon
andtravel to Fort Nelson, British Columbia for switchwith Edmonton driver
- Mostly day driving
- Adhere to Hours of Service regulations
- Handle freight documents/manifests
- Promptly deliver customer freight and update dispatch on ETA’s
- Complete all other duties as reasonably assigned
Our General Requirements/Qualifications:
- Hold a valid Class 1 license
- Must provide a
5 yearCommercial Drivers abstract; valid within the past 30 days and no more than 3 demerits and 3 negative events
- Must be able to drive
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract. We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position;
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women