Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Position: Corporate FP&A Manager
Status: Full Time
The position will be located in our Mississauga office. This incumbent will lead the Corporate FP&A team to analyze and interpret divisional financial results and trends, including margins, revenue and costs. This position requires a highly motivated, detail oriented and organized individual with strong communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to work independently.
- Lead the day to day operations of the Corporate FP&A team with emphasis on continuous improvement and ensuring all financial analysis and corresponding reports are accurate, timely and address the needs of the business
- Detailed analysis of margin trends, customer revenue and expenses and interpretation of divisional financial results
- Perform complex financial modeling to support decision making both for planning and/or value creation, leading to ROI, NPV, payback and other financial measurements
- Assist with the financial planning of the total company annual budget process, acting as the key contact for all corporate department heads
- Oversee creation and assist in the review of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of corporate results
- Prepare accurate weekly financial forecasts for senior management
- Participate in month-end close meetings with Accounting, Operations and senior management
- Work with the Finance and Operations management to help implement policies related to establishing reliable and accurate cut-off and accrual procedures, expense approvals, etc.
- Working with various groups (Finance, Operations, IT), as required, to assist in the integration of business acquisitions
- Develop, analyze and communicate ad hoc financial reports to the business
- Prepare materials and presentations for board of directors meetings and senior management
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree and professional accounting designation required.
- Ability to consolidate, analyze and summarize large amounts of data from a variety of sources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to build complex formulas to support quantitative analysis, modelling, trend analysis and exception reporting.
- Experience with BI products (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong communication, relationship building and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role or multi-region reporting environment.
- Logistics experience is preferred but not required.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women