Reporting to the National Manager of Risk Management, the Claims Specialist is responsible for investigating and processing assigned company commercial insurance claims. You will be working closely with our Safety, Fleet & Operations departments in providing commercial trucking claims service and support. You will be acting as a liaison between Canada Cartage and our Insurance Company and investigate, negotiate, and settle claims based on Insurer and Corporate claims guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and handles all internal claims investigations and communicates the findings internally and to the customer/vendor within a timely manner.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss and administers the financial aspects of assigned claims including establishing claim reserves, internal cost allocation, processing loss payments and subrogation collection.
- Negotiates, settles and resolves motor vehicle accident claims, cargo and property losses with insurance company adjusters, claimants, customers and third parties claimant representatives.
- Receives and reviews incident reports and claim investigation material including Police reports, Motor Accident reports, and Property Damage and Warehouse Exception reports.
- Works with assigned independent and representatives from our insurance company on bringing claim to resolution.
- Perform duties in accordance with industry standards, regulations, corporate timelines, performance standards and workplace safety and health policies and procedures
- Coordinates with the Fleet Department, repair facilities, recovery companies and Operations Teams on getting damaged equipment repaired and back into operations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establishes, maintains and manages hard copy and e-copy claim files, logs with all documentation and investigation material housed in chronological order.
- Participates with an on call rotation which entails answering phone calls during off-duty hours
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Completion of high school required
- Minimum 2 years of experience handling auto and cargo Claims (Commercial Transportation claims preferred)
- Insurance Institute of Canada (CIP Program) designation considered asset
- Must be able to demonstrate active verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, organizational and planning skills required
- Ability to problem solve, self-motivated and work independently
- Good negotiation skills and customer service focus
- Proficient in internet and database applications and Microsoft Office programs including Excel
- Must be able to type over 40 WPM
Why work at Canada Cartage?
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits, RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
- Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
- Opportunities for career advancement and support through training and tuition reimbursement on approved courses
- Work with a company named "Canada's Best Employer 2018" in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women