Position: Operations Analyst
Location: Ajax, ON
Position Summary: Reporting to the Operations Manager as well as direction provided by the customer, this role is responsible for reviewing information provided by customer reporting tools to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring and improving the work processes, methods and performance of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective CI methods and strategies.
- Facilitates and provide analytical support to Operations department by focusing on capacity utilization and performance optimization.
- Analyzing the data and activity to understand emerging trends, patterns and common themes.
- Understand the service and financial implications of the trends and recommend actions as required.
- Provides analysis from reports and tracks progress associated with key metrics
- Leads cross-functional projects and initiatives to deliver process improvements, lean strategies and best practices
- Create mechanisms for tracking Continuous Improvement programs.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University or College diploma in a relevant discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a solid understanding and knowledge of transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft office products including excel, internet and database applications
- Must be able to demonstrate active verbal and written communication skills
- Previous operations management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, organizational and planning skills required
- Ability to problem solve, self-motivated and work independently
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women