Position: Branch Manager
Status: Full Time
Location: Nisku, AB
At Canada Cartage Logistics Solutions we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage Logistics Solutions is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative logistics solutions. We are currently looking to add a Branch Manager who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Nisku area and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
Manage the day-to-day operations of the Edmonton warehouse to ensure performance indicators are being achieved, and budgeted targets are being met. Responsible for day-to-day operational management, administration, HR, finance, customer service, and facility management within the building.
- Coach and develop subordinate supervisors
- Oversee operations to ensure customer expectations are met
- Monitor KPIs and lead the operations team towards targets
- Oversee the warehouse operation to ensure that space is used efficiently and make any changes to the storage capacity that are in-line with customer expectations, budget targets, and best warehousing practices
- Act as the escalation point for unresolved customer issues
- Ensure CSRs and Lead Hands are aware of customer expectations and requirements and are meeting them
- Ensure accuracy of customer invoicing
- Review and approve all expenses for the branch
- Manage vendor relationships
- Monitor revenue and expenses to enable accurate forecasts and meet budget targets
- Manage customer profitability by ensuring productivity and space targets are met, and applying rate increases as appropriate with customer agreement
- Manage all new hires and terminations in conjunction with local HR
- Chair the Health & Safety Committee, ensure investigations and reporting are completely in a timely manner and the operation is 100% compliant from a OHS perspective
- Enforce companies policies and ensure discipline is applied, when appropriate, consistently and fairly
- Manage the union relationship to avoid unplanned work stoppages and good employee morale
- Organizational Insight
- Integrity / Professionalism
- Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Relationship / Partnership Approach
- Communication / Influence
- Quality, High Standards and Controls
- Testing, Analytical & Monitoring
- Strategy, Planning & Organizing
- Innovation and Change
- A degree or diploma from a recognized organization in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or similar; or equivalent learned experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of logistics, best warehousing practice, operations management
- Proficiency in MS Office software, particularly Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Word, WMS systems, RF scanner technology
- Occupational Health & Safety requirements
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods rules and regulations
- 3-5 years of experience as an operations manager in a warehouse, fulfillment center or 3PL operation
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.