Senior Systems Engineer
Reporting to Director, IT Infrastructure, the Senior Systems Engineer provides effective and timely operational and technical support to end-users concerning system applications, hardware and software. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving incidents and problems, and escalating where necessary.
- Primary technical contact for maintaining and administration of Windows environment.
- Leads in planning and implementing changes to Data Domain , Windows infrastructure
- Leads the day-to-day operational support for Windows server, Storage, VM
- Provides second and third level support for troubleshooting of user access, system availability, and performance issues with core infrastructure systems including Citrix, Windows Server, Office applications, Commvault – Data Domain Backup
- Collaborate with project leads to determine how requirements will be approached and managed for a particular project.
- Acting as the first point of escalation, providing guidance and instructions to Infrastructure team on, Windows Server, Exchange , VMware,
- Provides 24x7x365 on-call support as necessary, and work weekends and/or holidays as necessary
- Answer calls within SLA
- Configures security settings or access permissions for groups and individuals
- Proactively analyzing and identifying trends within the calls / issues logged across the customer base.
- Ensure current imaging system for hardware is up to date; update image where required
- Provide primary support for projects and required tasks from other IT functions
- Work offsite as resource for projects, or issue requests (25% travel)
- Commvault (5 Year )
- Data Domain
- Exchange , O365 (10 Year )
- Cisco UCS
- Windows Server (10 Year )
- Windows AD Policies (10 Year )
- Citrix XenDesktop (5 Year )
- Citrix PVS (5 Year )
- Citrix Netscalar (5 Year )
- VMware ESXi (10 Year )
- 7 – 10 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women