Senior Network, System Administrator
Canada Cartage is looking for a Senior Network, System Administrator to join our IT department. This position reporting to Director IT Infrastructure, Security. This individual will develop, administer and maintain the network infrastructure, systems to support Canada Cartage business by ensuring security, integrity and high availability of enterprise systems and related components. After-hours support will also be required.
- Management of WAN, LAN, Network Security and Wireless nationwide to provide high network level availability and redundancy for the organization.
- Administers Servers, Virtual environment, NAS, SAN, Desktop computers, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Phone System, Software deployment, Security updates and Patches
- Arrange and perform regular maintenance on Network, Server OS and Hardware upgrades
- Support services for Microsoft technologies: Exchange, O365, MS-SQL, SharePoint, Azure, Skype for Business
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, End point protection services, IPS & IDS systems
- Plan and execute changes in terms of software rollouts and hardware installations including testing, coordination, planning and issuing notifications regarding any changes
- Provide scheduled operational maintenance of existing network infrastructure
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, related documentation and technical specifications information
- Assist Service Desk and IT projects as needed
- Evaluate new Network Hardware, Security and Software solutions and monitor the market for emerging technology
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions
- Share technical knowledge with others and actively participate in continuing education
- Identify improvements in terms of setup, capacity and expansion etc.
- Perform health checks and maintenance of infrastructure
- Resolve critical issues round the clock with on-call support during off- hours
- Maintain disaster recovery technology and plan
- Provide Tier2, Tier3 support to Network and applications
- Architect network and server virtualization to support growth and security requirements
Skills and Abilities
- 10-year of experience with Network, System,
- Expert knowledge on Cisco Catalyst and Nexus series, Routers, Firewalls, Brocades, IPS & IDS,
- Expert Knowledge on Cisco CUBE and Voice Gateway
- Hands on experience with various LAN, WAN technologies (7 Years +)
- Hands on experience with Routing and Switching protocols such as (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, PBR, HSRP, VRRP, NAT, etc.) (7 Years+)
- Hands on experience with various wireless solutions such as (Meraki, Ruckus, Aruba) (7 Years+)
- Deep understanding on OSI Layer and Internet Protocol stack
- Hand on experience with VLAN (Segmentation) (7 Years +)
- Knowledge on Cisco Enterprise security
- Experience with monitoring tool such as Wireshark, Solar winds, Net flow, Orion
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems: Window Server OS (2008, 2012, 2016, 2019) Windows 7, Windows 10 in enterprise networked environment.
- Strong experience in the analysis, design and deployment of Windows Active Directory (7 Years+)
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting virtualization VMWare, VSphere (7 Years +)
- Expert knowledge on enterprise-level data backup, storage systems and platforms (Dell EMC, HPE, Commvault,)
- Experience with various standards such as ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT.
- Hands on with Office 365 administration (Azure, ADFS).
- Professional IT Certifications: MCSA or MCSE, VCP, CCNA, CCNP
- Experience with Linux system
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women