Jr. HR Advisor
Junior HR Advisor
Status: Full Time
Location: Laval, QC
Shift Availability: Days
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a Jr. HR Advisor who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Laval office and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
Working within the overall framework of Canada Cartage, the HR Administrator participates in developing, delivery and promotion of Human Resources programs and initiatives. The incumbent will provide confidential HR support to the operations and activities of the department in the areas of onboarding/orientation, employee relations, policy development, retention, performance management and training and development. This role will increase the efficiency, delivery, awareness and engagement of HR programs to employees across Quebec.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to and supports HR strategies and plans tied to operational priorities;
- Support the development and execution of HR communications, programs and initiatives (i.e. presentations, staff announcements);
- Maintain accurate, current and comprehensive employee and HRIS records.
- Maintain accurate and systematic filing system;
- Assists with retention programs such as new hire onboarding presentation and delivery; coordinates al new hire documentation and onboarding of all new employees;
- Benefits responsibilities include processing of all enrolments, changes, and terminations; reporting to multiple providers, communication to employees, and calculation and collection of employee premiums
- Liaise with disability providers, employees, payroll, and employee supervisors regarding disability claims
- Field questions on employee benefits from employees, HR team, and management
- Track employee changes for purposes such as maintenance of organizational charts, and many ad hoc reports
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Contributes to the development of policies and best practices for HR programs and services;
- Complete and file annual reports for employment equity and federally regulated pension plan
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation
- Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues, as requested
- Assists in processing of payroll and benefits information, including status changes, benefit/disability payments and group insurance premiums
- Other duties as required
- Post Secondary Degree/Diploma in Human Resources Management
- 1 – 2 years experience in a customer facing environment or HR capacity
- CHRP designation or actively working toward
Experience & Required Skills:
- Demonstrated enthusiasm to continue expanding skills and knowledge in the Human Resources field;
- Proven ability to quickly adapt and learn new HR policies, practices and procedures;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills in order to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines by consulting and collaborating with varies levels of stakeholders in the business;
- Payroll and benefits processing experience an asset;
- Proven ability to take initiative with little to no supervision;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships at all levels within an organization;
- Proven interpersonal and administrative skills with a focus on quality service and attention to detail;
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingualism (French & English) is required
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Ability to create and maintain a work environment in which people remain motivated and contributing to the company’s vision and philosophy
- Solid knowledge of benefits administration and HRIS systems
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.