At Mackie Group, a division of Canada Cartage, we are a diverse, progressive and innovative company with multiple business units, Mackie strives for operational excellence in everything that we do. With over 500 highly skilled individuals, our team prides itself on our unwavering commitment to our customer's success.
At Mackie, we search for talented, self-motivated and ambitious individuals who are results oriented and see change as an opportunity. Whether you are an experienced professional or just entering the workforce, we offer career opportunities in a wide variety of areas
We are currently looking to add a full-time Payroll Clerk to join our team, in Oshawa. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
• Provides assistance with processing the full cycle Payroll in accordance federal legislation and collective bargaining agreements
• Updates and maintains all payroll records and reports including updating changes in payroll systems as required accordance with employment / union agreements and statutory requirements
• Collects payroll information from managers / departments including reviewing and or /inputting data into payroll systems
• Distributes pay stubs or commission statements
• Banking activity relating to payroll including transmitting payroll files, pay adjustments and advances
• Calculates, remits and reconciles all regulatory and other payroll deductions
• Reconciles payroll general ledger accounts each pay
• Work with Payroll Team Members to cover any payroll functions
• Provides timely responses to information requests
• Prepares month-end reports and account reconciliations
• Performs other duties as required
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in payroll or accounting
• Minimum one year of prior payroll experience preferred, or equivalent education
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel)
• Great Plains Dynamics experience strongly preferred
• Flexible, adaptable and “can-do” attitude
• Sensitivity to confidentiality is a must
• Successfully pass a criminal background check
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities.
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.