Driver Road Test Evaluator
DRIVER ROAD TEST EVALUATOR
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time, Road Test Evaluator, to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at 1115 Cardiff Blvd, Mississauga and reporting to the Safety and Compliance Manager, the Road Test Evaluator will be responsible for conducting training and development opportunities for all drivers located out of the Mississauga terminal. As a Company resource you will perform duties such as road safety training, assist with compliance audits, emergency road response and necessary paperwork and record keeping.
- Providing on-the-road training in all type of Canada Cartage vehicles to new driver candidates and current drivers to ensure compliance with provincial legislations requirements and Company SOP
- Supporting driver training and evaluating of Owner Operators
- Deliver new employee classroom orientations on Safety & Compliance
- Complete all new hire paperwork, Safety & Compliance, Human Resource, Contracts, Payroll Advice
- Performing pre/post-trip inspections on equipment
- Perform on-road driver evaluations with new drivers and complete written driver evaluations
- Create Driver Files for new drivers, close out files for departing drivers
- Monitor Driver records and Training expiries (Dangerous Goods, WHMIS, Forklift, Moffett, LCV, PDIC) and notify/retrain drivers when required
- Accurately document and address training progress and problems
- Maintain driver records for violations
- Assist with managing and coordinate programs for compliance with all applicable provincial and federal regulations.
- Investigate road accidents and violations and recommend corrective actions to improve road safety
- Practice, support, and enforce safe work procedures including safety and company policies and procedures
- Monitoring and responding to customer & driver complaints
- Assisting the Canada Cartage Fleet department as needed
- Ensure staff are complying with all applicable transportation and employment laws/regulations as well as customer and Company requirements
- Generating reports as required
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- Valid Ontario AZ Driver’s License with a minimum of 5 years of Tractor Trailer Driving Experience
- Clear CVOR and Abstract
- Hands on Safety & Compliance experience in the Transportation industry an asset
- Experience or knowledge of operating a shunt truck preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Passion for coaching and mentoring new drivers
- Proficient Computer Skills; ability to use Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Training Experience preferred; LCV, PDIC, Load Securement, Hours of Service, Dangerous Goods, WHMIS
- Certification: Driver Trainer Certification (to be issued by Canada Cartage), PDIC, LCV, DG, WHMIS, and HOS training certifications an asset
- Proven classroom/vehicle training experience an asset
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions such as outside in the yard weather permitting
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, and work at the specific locations required
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.