The Operations Manager is responsible for working with the day-to-day activities of the Operation (customer service, planning and driver management) to effectively implement transportation services to customer and to ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the company’s transportation management system.
- Plan and coordinate product delivery activities to ensure accurate and timely delivers to customers.
- Provide support in pick-up and delivery of products according to customer order.
- Contact customers to confirm delivery date and address.
- Respond to delivery related inquires and concerns from customers.
- Make last-minute order adjustments as requested by customers.
- Notify customers about any delivery delays in advance.
- Schedule deliveries and prepare delivery documentations.
- Process driver payroll and review driver paperwork for shipments.
- Work in compliance with federal and provincial regulations.
- Provide outstanding service and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Track the status of product deliveries and resolve any issues promptly.
- Assisting in driver interviews, training and assessing drivers and their qualifications as per the requirements.
- Coordinate with drivers, staff and management to hold meetings and resolve issues.
- Develop amiable, genuine and supportive relations with the drivers and collaborate with customers to solve the problems.
- Keep track of driver hours and miles in coordination with customer to achieve maximum productivity in given hours.
- Complete daily and weekly metrics in timely manner to meet customer and CCS needs.
- Participate in customer team meetings to continually improve processes and communications across supply chain.
- University graduate or technical diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of related work experience, in the transportation industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills; previous experience managing a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Strong analytical experience in direct/variable cost management
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the transportation industry
- Post secondary or equivalent experience an asset
- Trained in Hours of Service an asset
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women