Talent Aquisition Specialist - Driver Recruiter
TALENT ACQUISITION – DRIVER RECRUITER
Why you’ll love Canada Cartage
An iconic Canadian company with over 100 years of helping companies grow and succeed in Canada, we provide national dedicated fleet solutions, general freight services, managed transportation, fulfillment & distribution, and home delivery. With a national network of terminals, cross-docks, and distribution centers, we are one of Canada’s largest and most trusted supply chain service providers. Driven to exceed customer expectations, and supported by technology and innovation, we bring simplicity to complex logistics challenges.
We work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
Reporting to the Manager of Talent Acquisition, our team is responsible for ensuring Canada Cartage is the #1 talent destination in Transportation/ Logistics. You will contribute to the broader vision, strategy and roadmap for attracting and retaining high achievers, driven to win.
Our people matter and are critically important in ensuring we create an outstanding experience for our people, customers and shareholders, directly impacting the communities we live in.
Location: working on-site at 1180 Thornton Rd S, Oshawa, ON
Schedule: Monday to Friday, dayshift
What you will do:
- Full cycle recruitment nationally of Drivers
- Building an end to end talent journey
- External & Internal proactive talent pipelining
- Ensuring it is widely known that Canada Cartage is an employer of choice
- Collaborating with Recruitment Marketing on employer brand management and out of the box ideas that speak to the authenticity and culture of Canada Cartage
- Ensuring our recruitment process is fair, inclusive, diverse and attracting the best
- Measuring clearly defined metrics that will be used to assess people’s suitability for different job positions.
- Rank the selection criteria, establish expectations with Hiring Committee Members and ensure everyone is using the same evaluation matrix.
- A strong focus on retention initiatives and programs
- Developing a good understanding of, and relationship with, reputable driving schools
- Working with other teams within Canada Cartage to develop programs to attract and train qualified drivers
- Metrics: Measuring the success of recruiting initiatives
- Provide weekly updates to hiring managers on the status of open requisitions
- Accountable for measuring results and meeting objectives including: time-to-fill, quality candidates (road test success rate, quality of hire metric, turnover metrics)
- Providing reports and updates to others as required
What You’ll Bring
- To you, ok and good are not good enough as you are continuously striving to provide top notch service to the business
- You naturally have a love for people in general and are a great listener
- You are a strong and influential communicator (written and verbally)
- You are prepared to dive right in to learn the business, each division, how we operate, our values and consistently strive to ensure our programs are connected directly to the organizations short term and long term goals
- Comfortable consulting with Senior level stakeholders
- Possess a high sense of urgency and accountability
- You are adaptable, not afraid of change and resourceful
- You are results driven, work well in a team and individually
- You appreciate and are open to critical feedback to learn and grow
- Continuous improvement initiatives are enjoyable to you
- You think along the lines of, "we have nothing to prove and everything to improve!"
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
Why people love working for Canada Cartage
- Extended health and dental, retirement plans
- Paid personal days and sick days
- Cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere.
- Meaningful opportunities for career growth.
- Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize employees when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
- Perks - discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few
- Fun events throughout the year, like summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together.
- We give back to the communities in which we operate by volunteering and donating to local charities.
- We are a strong company that weathers the storm through pandemics and recessionary periods, so that we can benefit from good economic environments.
We are a top employer!
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education, and check your references.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.