The Claims Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support services to the Risk Management Team in order to ensure effective administrative operations.
Location & Schedule:
490 Lucas Ave, Winnipeg, MB
Monday to Friday
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of the company's National Claims Data Base
- Provide back up assistance to Claim Administrators
- Receive and compile all company loss reports and investigative material including Motor Vehicle Accident Reports, Property Damage and Warehouse Reports
- Establishes new claim files and enters claims information into data base
- Prepare cheque requests for claim payments
- Open new claims and close claims and archive
- Investigate missing information and update claims
- Diarize files and pull for updates
- Filing as needed
- Continually strives to improve work processes, methods, environment, customer service, and personal and team performance
- Other duties as required
- Completion of high school is required
- 1 - 2 years of general office experience required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of office administration procedures
- Above average interpersonal skills and customer service focus
- Must be able to demonstrate active verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, work independently, and self motivate
Why work for Canada Cartage?
Extended Health and Dental Benefits, RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
Work with a company named "Canada's Best Employer 2018 & 2019" in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women