310T Truck Mechanic /Journeyperson - Dayshift
TRUCK MECHANIC / JOURNEYMAN
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add full-time licensed 310T Heavy Duty Technician / Mechanic to our maintenance team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at 1115 Cardiff Blvd, Mississauga and reporting to the Shop Supervisor, you will be working with a team of professionals primarily doing preventative maintenance among other duties.
dayshift: 4:30/6:30am, 10 hour shifts, Monday to Thursday
Fully licensed 310T - $37.00 / hour
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance Inspections and repairs.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Work towards meeting industry standard repair times for assigned repairs.
- Train on and stay current with new technologies.
- Maintain work areas of shop to meet health and safety standards.
- Communicate issues/concerns to managers as needed.
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- Certified 310T mechanic with sound knowledge of shop practices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical/electrical problems while working with SRT.
- Self-motivated with a desire to meet and surpass company standards.
- Ability to use a computer to manage electronic punch times and payroll.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Must have own tools.
- Exposed to exhaust gases, vibrations, chemicals and shop noise.
- Ability to perform heavy work such as removing tractor wheel assemblies (120lbs).
- Successfully pass a background check
There are various shifts available: No rotating shifts!
•Dayshift: starting at either 4:30am or 6:30am Monday to Thursday (4 day work week);
•Afternoon shift: starting at 3:00pm Monday to Thursday (4 day work week);
•Weekend shift: starting at 6:00am Friday to Sunday (3 day work week)
Why work for Canada Cartage?
- No mandatory overtime.
- Minimal outside mobile work (only boosting).
- Heated shop equipped with pits for easy servicing.
- Uniforms provided.
- Recession-proof business model, steady hours all year around.
- Well maintained, modern fleet (mostly 2018 and newer).
- Online OEM Education (Navistar, Cummins).
- Comprehensive benefits (life, disability, medication, dental, vision, RRSP and more).
- 10 paid sick days plus 3 paid personal leave days per year.
- Group discounts (Costco, Hertz, Bell, GMC, Lenovo, Goodlife Fitness and more).
- Tool, boot allowance and winter coat provided.
- College tuition fees reimbursement for apprentices.
- Solid career advancement opportunities.
We are a family-oriented company; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.