Class 1 Driver- Highway - New Hire Bonus $5,000!
Canada Cartage was founded in 1914 and is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms.
We are looking for professional and safety-oriented Class 1 Truck Drivers in Edmonton, AB. for our Highway Runs across Western Canada. If you love being on the road and enjoy scenic drives this is the perfect opportunity for you!
New Hire Bonus of $5,000!
Why work for Canada Cartage
- We offer Full Time Hours with a variety of shifts, runs and options
- We provide consistent year round work and due to our company size and customer diversity we will have additional work for those who want more
- Once on board, you can earn bonuses by referring your friends and family to come work with us from $2250 up to $4500 (restrictions apply)
- We have various company perks such as company phone, uniform/safety boot allowance and discount programs for gym memberships, auto services, etc.
- Canada Cartage offers a modern well-maintained fleet
- Safety-oriented company with a safety program in place
- We offer competitive signing bonuses, mileage rates, wages and premiums
- Company-matching pension plan and competitive benefits package
- There are opportunities for career advancements through training and development
Your Daily Responsibilities:
- Adhere to Hours of Service regulations
- Handle freight documents/manifests
- Promptly deliver customer freight and update dispatch on ETAÕs
- Some positions may require unloading of various freight via pallet jack, 2-wheeler, or by hand
- Complete all other duties as reasonably assigned
Our General Requirements/Qualifications:
- Hold a valid Class 1 license
- Must provide a 5-year Commercial Drivers abstract; valid within the past 30 days and no more than 3 demerits and 3 negative events
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Must pass a criminal background check; must be bondable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Willing to handbomb
- Must have Open availability
- Willing to do overnight trips and sleep in the truck
- Willing to service different customers
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only selected candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women