Business Systems Analyst
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
At Mackie Group, a division of Canada Cartage, we are a diverse, progressive and innovative company with multiple business units, Mackie strives for operational excellence in everything that we do. With over 500 highly skilled individuals, our team prides itself on our unwavering commitment to our customer's success.
At Mackie, we search for talented, self-motivated and ambitious individuals who are results oriented and see change as an opportunity. Whether you are an experienced professional or just entering the workforce, we offers career opportunities in a wide variety of areas
We are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst, in Oshawa. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Working hours and Location:
- Standard business hours Monday – Friday. Weekend and afterhours support would be required depending on when production issues happen.
- Travel may be required during the course of a project.
- Analyzing and defining business processes and writing process specifications.
- Project Management – Setting Action Plans, Teamwork & Collaboration, Results-Driven, Customer Focus, Management of Project Costs and Timelines
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and configuring systems and applications.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Post software updates, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Develop reports from various business systems as required from users and management
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities.
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.