Collections Specialist / Accounts Receivable
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Collections Specialist to join our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at our Head office on Davand, in Mississauga, the Collections Specialist is responsible for collection, reconciliation and maintaining a portfolio of accounts by performing the following activities:
- Timely collection of overdue items, using various collection techniques as needed
- Investigate, identify and resolve customer short payments/deductions in a timely manner
- Prepare Credit/Debits as required; gather necessary approvals
- Escalate unresolved issues to National Director of Credit within a timely manner
- Prepare detailed customer reconciliations and statements as required
- Professional handling of customer inquiries
- Work with internal departments such as Sales, Billing and Operations to resolve issues and maintain client base
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with client base
- Work with National Director of Credit to develop and implement process improvements
- Other related duties as assigned
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- Minimum 5 years collection and reconciliation experience
- Dependable, supportive and “can-do” positive attitude
- Detailed oriented, Customer service focused and a Team Player
- Strong initiative to achieve set goals and collection targets
- Computer experience within a collection environment (online note taking & recording)
- Very professional approach with internal and external customers
- Self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and produce accurate results
- Very proficient with Excel and experience with data management
- Ability to work a later shift to deal with Western customers, is an asset
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work from 10:00am to 6:00pm to support British Columbia
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities.
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.