Technical Support Analyst - Tier 2/3
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
Located at 6767 Davand Drive, Mississauga, we are currently looking to add a full-time Technical Support Analyst to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure, the Technical Support Analyst primarily supports and maintains the computer systems for Canada Cartage’s family of companies Includes advanced technical knowledge of endpoint environment and first level support and troubleshooting of servers and network environment.
Perform tactical duties related to operations including, but not limited to:
- Advanced level supporting and troubleshooting end point devices such as laptops, desktops, tablets, peripherals, printers, file shares, operating systems, office productivity tools, phone system and user profiles.
- Must have advanced working knowledge in Microsoft operating systems, Virtual desktop infrastructure environments, deployment systems, typical hardware used in corporate systems.
- Experience in desktop imaging creation and upkeep and utilizing software deployment systems.
- Experience in Active Directory user management including Group Policy maintenance and upkeep
- Experience in Microsoft 365 environments including suite of applications to assist in supporting, deploying and managing users within the M365 environment
- Experience in industry related frameworks such as ITIL, best practices in helpdesk environments
- On-call rotation for escalations from service desk
- Experience in supporting windows server environment, networking knowledge (DNS, DHCP, Switching, TCP/IP)
- System backups including performing and monitoring backups and restores of data
- React according to alerts and monitoring events based on criticality and escalating to systems engineers when required
- Assist in the installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves related problems; following team best practices and procedures.
- Provide an on call service for technical emergencies on a rotating basis with other IT technical staff.
- Other duties and tasks, as well as involvement with other IT projects, as required and assigned
Education and Experience
- Working experience and strong technical knowledge in typical Microsoft infrastructure based environments both on premises and cloud services, Networking technology.
- Working experience in a VDI infrastructure environment.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Post-secondary school education with Information Technology related certifications, diploma and/or degree
- Minimum of three (3) years working related experience in a medium to large environment. IT support in the supply chain, logistics, and/or transportation industry an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with strong emphasis on following procedures, sharing best practices and documentation creation and upkeep
- Good to Have: networking certs, Microsoft certs, basic VMware and Citrix Workspace knowledge
Typical work week with afterhours/weekends need for on-call rotation, upgrades, updates and support.
Some travel may be required, driver’s license and vehicle for the ability to travel locally to supported sites
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities.
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.