Do you want to be apart of a leading carrier providing solutions to customers with impact? Are you a hunter with a passion of surpassing goals?
Canada Cartage Logistics Solutions (CCLS) is expanding and has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager who is actively involved in finding clients themselves.
This role is responsible for fostering and developing excellent commercial relationships towards achieving revenue/bottom-line growth for an assigned portfolio of customers as well as leading all Canada Cartage Logistics Solutions (CCLS) sales and account management related activities throughout multiple organizations. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record exceeding quota, a strong understanding of consultative and strategic selling concepts, develops and implements value based initiatives to differentiate, build customer loyalty and drive profitable revenue growth.
- Identify and secure upsell and cross sell opportunities with existing customers and new name prospects for additional revenue from all CCLS products.
- Build & maintain a strong relationship strategy with multiple contacts within both the client and CCLS.
- Internal Collaboration with Operations, Pricing, Solutions, Legal and Business Implementation teams to ensure accuracy within reporting, prioritization of tasks & required actions.
- Utilize customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity to improve account management performance as well as build and execute action plans to better meet expectations.
- Conduct business reviews, preparing and communicating periodic sector KPI reports with customers to help them compare their actual versus budgeted amounts and track the progress accordingly.
The Director, Business Development success will be based on results in the following key areas:
- Develop innovative changes within Account Management to drive efficiency.
- Pro-actively anticipate dealing (responding) to customer’s business needs and identify opportunities to establish a long term business relationship; thereby fully integrating our services throughout a customers’ network.
- Analyze costing models and maintain threshold gross margins and implement yearly contractual price adjustments.
- Introduce customers to the latest Canada Cartage technology, policies and processes and recommendations to reduce cost through supply chain efficiencies.
- Comprehensive understanding of the customers supply chain, their strategies and goals.
- Defined account plan that consists of actions which drive continuous improvement, customer satisfaction & growth.
- Drive revenue/sales/bottom-line results for assigned portfolio of customers and by securing new name customers.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, related field or comparable experience.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 5 – 8 years’ of business development experience in the warehousing and transportation industries with progressive, market-leading organizations.
- Experience in selling logistics solutions to senior level decision makers.
- Experience with the project management of selling logistics solutions both internally and externally.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate the CCLS value proposition at all levels of the organization.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organized and self-motivated.
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary, incentive bonus and benefits package
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Training/ Development and career pathing
- Brand new modern building and workspace design that supports a collaborative culture with lower levels of individual spaces and flexible layouts
- An environment of belonging: a group that values your feedback, opinions and who you are as a person
- free parking
Who we are:
Canada Cartage Provides Dedicated Fleet Outsourcing, Managed Transportation, Warehousing and Fulfillment Solutions, and Home Delivery. Founded in 1914, Canada Cartage is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms. Canada Cartage also provides a complete range of supply chain and logistics services including integrated managed transportation and fulfillment solutions.
- 4 time recipient of Trucking HR’s Top Fleet Employer Award
- 3 time member of Home Depot Canada Executive Council
- 4 time recipient of Coca-Cola Canada’s Carrier of the year award
- 2 time recipient of Safeway Canada’s top performance award
- Shoppers Drug mart carrier of the year award
- Past recipient of Praxair Canada’s Safety award achieving zero accidents and zero injuries