Call Center Supervisor, Home Delivery Services
Position: Call Center Supervisor, Home Delivery Services
Status: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add a Call Center Supervisor, Home Delivery Services who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Calgary Terminal and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Call Center Supervisor leads the team responsible for assisting Canada Cartage staff throughout the provinces of BC, AB, SK, MB, ON & QC with customer service and support calls for home deliveries ensuring prompt action to customer enquiries or complaints. This position will support the ongoing development and implementation of the company's business plan, while maintaining a cost of efficient operation.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of individuals that will be key players in the success and growth of the Call Center team
- Complete daily/weekly calls/communications and successfully build strong partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Lead a team providing daily coaching and motivation
- Ensure that team members are hitting daily/weekly and monthly quota
- Complete performance appraisals
- Improve, develop and grow customer commitments.
- Listen to calls and perform other quality assurance activities
- Regularly conduct one-on-one sessions focused on professional development
- Administer performance reviews and take disciplinary action as needed
- Maintain detailed records of employee schedules, attendance, and vacation
- Address any escalated customer issues
- Oversee the department as they manage the incoming enquiries nationally for freight tracking or service complaints via phone or email
- Review all log enquiries into a Call Center log with date, time, product identification information, customer and contact and assign ETA for Case resolution.
- Communicate with customer to acknowledge the issue and notification of Case Number to customer for future follow up.
- Establish metrics to be implemented for Case resolution based on type of enquiries and severity of the
- Issue Case to correct terminal responsible for the issue along with expected time for
- Continuous follow up with assigned terminals until Case is resolved and ensure case resolution is established within time
- Contact the customer advising of update on Case resolution
- Implementation of daily reports showing number of calls into the call center along with success rate of Case based on established time
- Daily review of all appointed deliveries and follow up to ensure all appointments are met.
- Review delayed or incomplete deliveries and communicate with assigned terminal for resolution, communicate follow with the customer to reschedule delivery time and review reasons for rescheduling circumstances.
- Daily reporting of customer service surveys
- Must have 2-5 years of previous supervisory/leadership experience in a Call Center
- Minimum 5 years of customer service experience required
- Background experience in the Transportation or Courier Home Delivery Industry is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving or conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be an active listener and help resolve customer inquiries
- Excellent interpersonal skills; personable with strong conversation etiquette
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to clearly articulate information in English to all demographics by telephone.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.