The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo is looking for Concessions Customer Service Representatives (CSR) to join our enthusiastic and energetic team in Concessions. The Concessions CSR will be responsible for food preparation, food service, alcohol service, clean-up, and cash/transaction management. This position will have the opportunity to work in various locations across the zoo grounds and experience all that the organization has to offer.
Our Mission | Take and inspire action to sustain wildlife and wild places
Our Values | Effective collaboration and communication, honesty and integrity, customer focus, safety, and conservation
Start Date: ASAP
Contract End Date: January 8, 2023
What you will do:
- Food preparation for the day ensuring proper rotation and food quality
- Cook food on demand (hot dogs, hamburgers, French fries, etc.)
- Serve basic alcoholic drinks (canned beer/wine/coolers, shots, etc.)
- Operate and clean food equipment according to set standards
- Operate the cash registers and balance cash
- Clean all restaurant areas (tables, patios, equipment, floors, windows, ledges, etc.)
- Operate concession outlets and carts independently on zoo grounds according to set standards
- Provide exceptional customer service and service recovery to guests at all times
- Follow proper cash handling procedures
- Follow all zoo polices and procedures
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Follow health and safety guidelines including safe food handling procedures
What you will bring:
- ProServe Certification is required
- Experience working in concessions prep or line experience is preferred
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as unsupervised
- Full time availability - weekdays, weekends, evenings
- Standing during entire shift
- Weekday, weekend, and holiday work is required
- Working in a variety of indoor and outdoor conditions including heat, sun, pollen, cold, smoke, etc.
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo is an outdoor facility and all staff working at the zoo must be comfortable working in a large variety of outdoor conditions. The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo follows the advice of
Environment Canada when responding to temperature and air quality issues.
The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo will be a no smoking environment including vaping as of January 1, 2023.
What We Offer:
- Discounts on food, beverage, and merchandise
- Participation in the Staff Pass Benefit program
- A fun, rewarding work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals
Are you ready to join one of Canada’s leaders in wildlife conservation?
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you.
Apply by doing the following:
- Watch this video about the conservation work being done at the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DVBNXBhlCE)
- Submit your resume with a cover letter via our online application system.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
If this position is a fit for you, we encourage you to apply with a resume and cover letter. Applications will remain open until all positions are filled. We encourage you to apply early!
The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo strives to cultivate a workplace in which everyone feels welcome and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. As a conservation organization, we respect and value the diversity of all life and come together as individuals and teammates to achieve the Zoo’s mission and vision. We recognize the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and work to advance our culture to ensure diverse viewpoints are heard and everyone has an equitable chance to succeed and thrive.
All candidates are thanked for their applications and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.