Sr. Logistics Analyst
As a Senior Logistics Analyst you will be responsible for the normal roles of parts planning, inventory management, audit processes and compliance, and issue resolution for their assigned region. Additionally, you will assist in trainings, content development, process documentation, and leading a team based culture. An applicant who will be successful in this role has 5-7 years of exemplified success in a field service industry supply chain, has experience working in cross functional teams with a track record of results, is able to effectively communicate to customer facing employees and management, interface with customers and able to teach basic processes to coworkers. A senior logistics analyst should have excellent communication skills and problem solving skills in order to ensure project and territory success.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Lead Analyst who assists with process documentation, profit analysis, forecasting, and creating best practices for the logistics department.
- Create and give critical customer presentations, proposals, and create/maintain action plans to ensure customer success.
- Assist with quoting/selling Logistics As A Service products.
- Responsible for all inventory within assigned territory averaging about 125 technicians and 26 storage locations.
- Analyze customer service and inventory metrics to improve customer experience, reduce inventory balances, and/or reduce expenses.
- Work with Field Service Managers to deliver action plans to improve inventory performance metrics.
- Present inventory performance metrics to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in expense forecasting and part planning process.
- Organize returns of Excess and Obsolete inventory on a monthly basis.
- Process replenishment orders daily/weekly for assigned territory.
- Reconcile and correct inventory discrepancies for assigned territory.
- Coordinate timely returns or ensure compliance of defective and excess inventory.
- Manage and support all required inventory locations within assigned territory including bin reconciliation, opening/closing inventory locations, replenishments, and inventory transactions within territory.
- Work with suppliers to ensure supplier compliance on assigned territory locations.
- Schedule or perform physical inventories and audits for assigned territory. Implement action plans and processes for results outside of inventory thresholds.
- Responsible for the on and off boarding of technicians’ inventory along with customers.
- Participate in the implementation of continuous process improvements within Burroughs.
- Participate in the efforts to integrate ERP systems.
- Assist in obtaining parts to resolve escalated service requests.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oracle, SAS, Netsuite or other major inventory modules preferred
- Basic Accounting/auditing background preferred
- LEAN or Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Team centered/work well with co-workers to resolve issues and problems
- Customer Service focus
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- 5 or more years in a supply chain analyst role.
- College Degree Preferred in Business Administration, Accounting, or Supply Chain Management
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting and inventory transactions.
- Standard Microsoft applications, including Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word preferred
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.