Bulletproof is an omni-channel content driven consumer products company. Bulletproof’s Brand Purpose is focused on functional nutrition, here to prove that better is closer than you think. We re-imagine nutrition with science-backed and thoughtfully sourced ingredients to create quality additions to your daily wellness routine. Whether you’re supplementing your vitamin intake or fueling your workout, Bulletproof can help you discover what better feels like.
Bulletproof is a team of experienced professionals working to make high performance a daily reality for everyone on the planet. While our culture is casual and our workplace flexible, the team is passionate, customer driven, meaningfully connected, smart, and results focused.
Our customers know that our coffee, beverages, food, and supplements are the purest you can get anywhere, and you can expect to feel a difference in how you perform the first time you experience them. Environmentally conscious and ethically sourced products build a sustainable foundation for future generations to thrive. Bulletproof coffee has developed a cult following across the nation as a drink that provides sustained energy, while also programming your body to burn fat for energy. In addition to providing convenient access to products through eCommerce, Bulletproof has also launched products in various nation-wide retailers (e.g. Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Sam’s).
At Bulletproof 360, Inc. (“Bulletproof”), we welcome employees and candidates with different backgrounds and perspectives. We value and trust each other – including our differences – while remaining true to our mission of improving lives. We encourage a corporate culture of self-expression, asking employees to be authentic to themselves. Our team brings together their unique perspectives, experiences, and passions in the work they do because we believe diversity makes us stronger, together.
Bulletproof aims to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees at all levels of the workforce without regard to age, race, color, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity and/or expression, disability or any other laws. We strive to take steps in our recruiting practices by promoting diversity and fostering inclusion throughout our interview and hiring process, working toward the goal of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Bulletproof is looking for a Brand Manager to lead Bulletproof’s brand across key product lines. This role will set strategy and objectives for the business involving omnichannel brand campaigns, pricing, promotions and consumer communication.
The role is highly cross-functional requiring attention to detail, project management and execution skills, and the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously. An ideal candidate will not only manage cross-functional teams and key deliverables, but will also develop a perspective on brand strategy and become an expert on our target consumer. This role will entail the development of marketing campaigns, packaging, promotions and brand messaging for world class products that perform better than people expect. This is a very broad role that provides exposure to many facets of the business.
- Develops and manages omnichannel brand marketing and annual operating plans. Generates brand and business building ideas, and makes recommendations regarding product line objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, packaging and product lifecycle.
- Applies consumer insights, competitive assessment and market performance data to gain understanding of consumer, customer, competitive environment and channel needs to drive growth for the brand and product lines.
- Leads the development and tracking of marketing plans and tactics across channels, by tracking and analyzing sales, distribution, drivers and syndicated retail consumption. Analyzes sales data, assesses trends, opportunities & risks, identify business opportunities and makes recommendations to optimize plans.
- Flawlessly implements and executes product launch and marketing plans to support business objectives.
- Leads consumer and media communication plans across the entire marketing mix to drive household penetration and share growth.
- Manages cross-functional project teams and timelines to deliver brand programs and product initiatives. Strong leadership of cross-functional partners required to ensure successful execution.
- Strong collaboration across customers and channels required to gain a deep understanding of their market needs from a consumer and business standpoint.
- Manages P&L demonstrating a broad understanding of all areas of the business to drive profitable growth.
- Manages and tracks marketing budget. Makes recommendations of budget allocation and optimization by channel, customer and product platforms.
- Assists with cost reduction opportunities to ensure profitable growth.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of CPG experience in brand management, with Brand Manager experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of omnichannel marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals.
- Strong analytical and technical skills; experience with syndicated data.
- P&L ownership, business planning and execution, and forecasting
- Ability to manage new products from concept to launch and beyond
- Ability to analyze business and consumer trends and financial metrics, including sales, consumption data, return on investments, consumer research reports and profit & loss.
- Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Functions effectively with ambiguity.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Bulletproof leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Results oriented
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day
Annual base salary gross: $90,000 to $100,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. The base salary is one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other benefits include performance bonus program, generous time-off, flexible schedules, comprehensive health insurance (several options to choose from), 401k program with company match, paid parental leave, company paid disability insurance, and bulletproof.com store discount & credit.
This is a full-time position that is open to local Seattle-area candidates, as well as remote candidates, preferably in Pacific/Mountain time zone locations. Maximum fun, maximum knowledge, and maximum performance are a part of the job description, and you’ll get to work with the team on a regular basis to upgrade your game, your mental performance, and your life. This is a great opportunity to grow with a company.
Think you’ve got what it takes?