Bulletproof is an omni-channel content driven consumer products company. Bulletproof’s Brand Purpose is focused on functional nutrition, here to prove that better is closer than you think. We re-imagine nutrition with science-backed and thoughtfully sourced ingredients to create quality additions to your daily wellness routine. Whether you’re supplementing your vitamin intake or fueling your workout, Bulletproof can help you discover what better feels like.
Bulletproof is a team of experienced professionals working to make high performance a daily reality for everyone on the planet. While our culture is casual and our workplace flexible, the team is passionate, customer driven, meaningfully connected, smart, and results focused.
Our customers know that our coffee, beverages, food, and supplements are the purest you can get anywhere, and you can expect to feel a difference in how you perform the first time you experience them. Environmentally conscious and ethically sourced products build a sustainable foundation for future generations to thrive. Bulletproof coffee has developed a cult following across the nation as a drink that provides sustained energy, while also programming your body to burn fat for energy. In addition to providing convenient access to products through eCommerce, Bulletproof has also launched products in various nation-wide retailers (e.g. Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Sam’s).
At Bulletproof 360, Inc. (“Bulletproof”), we welcome employees and candidates with different backgrounds and perspectives. We value and trust each other – including our differences – while remaining true to our mission of improving lives. We encourage a corporate culture of self-expression, asking employees to be authentic to themselves. Our team brings together their unique perspectives, experiences, and passions in the work they do because we believe diversity makes us stronger, together.
Bulletproof aims to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees at all levels of the workforce without regard to age, race, color, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity and/or expression, disability or any other laws. We strive to take steps in our recruiting practices by promoting diversity and fostering inclusion throughout our interview and hiring process, working toward the goal of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Bulletproof is looking for a Web Developer to join an agile development team building and working on enterprise front end web properties. This role will provide development and technical support for existing web-based ecommerce and CMS platforms, working on various projects. The Web Developer is involved in all areas of development from GIT based feature branch development to systems maintenance, quality assurance testing, issue resolution, and project technical support. Using your deep knowledge of WordPress/PHP you will scope tasks on a per project basis, implementing new features and enhancements that supports the overall project goals and requirements. The successful candidate needs to be solution focused and be comfortable working in a fast-paced agile development environment. This role requires a strong technical background with a proven history of successful results and referrals to showcase previous work. A skills test may be required to test candidate proficiency and qualifications.
- Implementation of APIs utilizing SOAP, REST, and AJAX technologies to integrate with 3rd party plugins
- Prototype and develop code for software components and features based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Manage systems development and project lifecycle for new eCommerce features on Shopify Plus and WordPress platforms. Drive full cycle end to end development.
- Develop with emphasis on performance, scalability, security, and ADA requirements.
- Prioritize and execute on eCommerce tasks in collaboration with internal business teams.
- Be a self-starter able to take accountability and initiative to solve problems on a daily basis.
- Utilize knowledge of tools to build, test, and deploy code related to the eCommerce platform and functional business requirements.
- Scope UI/UX designs and 3rd party integrations.
- Collaborate with internal business teams and vendors to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing innovative solutions to business needs.
- Deep Experience in WordPress, PHP, HTML/SCSS, JS, SQL, Front End Web Development.
- Experiencing in developing and customizing WordPress themes. Expert level knowledge of PHP a must.
- Prior experience w/ WP Plugin customization and working with Advanced Custom Fields and Custom Post Types.
- Experience with JIRA and working in sprints. Thorough understanding of Agile workflow and development methodologies.
- Experience with GIT, Local development, NPM. Experience w/ Laravel MIX, Beanstalk, Bitbucket a plus.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and extending WordPress.
- Candidate must possess the ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks over multiple projects.
- Shopify Plus/Liquid experience a plus
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for all Bulletproof employees:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Results oriented
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet sprint and roadmap objectives
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards, attention to detail a must
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day
This is a fully remote contract position based in the Seattle area.
Think you’ve got what it takes?