At Builders Mutual, we believe in the power of a team to get the job done right.
Our team, does their best work each day, creating a one-stop resource for all commercial insurance solutions and construction safety resources, leading to powerful results. Our cultural elements of teamwork, inclusion, expertise, and community aren't just words on a page—it's integral to who we are, how we work, and what sets us apart. We live out our values every day, striving to serve better and achieve more.
Leverage your industry expertise and join our expanding team in this Premium Auditor role for the Triad Area; Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point area of North Carolina! The Premium Auditor is responsible for performing audits on Property/Casualty Commercial Lines adjustable policies to establish appropriate classifications, exposures, and basis of premium. This level auditor works with minimal supervision on routine audits and may refer higher-level accounts to management for assistance.
The success of our company is rooted in teamwork, the way we care about the people we work with and serve. This field role will allow you to set your schedule working from your home office; you will be in the field about 3-4 days per week with overnight travel as needed. You will travel to our Raleigh office for meetings and company events up to four times a year.
Your WORK as a Premium Auditor will make a difference as you:
- Schedule and conduct physical audits of selected commercial lines policies by reviewing the customer’s business operations, including examining, verifying, and recording pertinent classification-related data from financial business records
- Ensure quality of the audit through proper risk classification and exposure basis identification.
- Utilize laptop computer to record audit information and to transmit completed audits in a timely manner
- Discuss issues and problems with insureds to ensure understanding of the change in premium and to maintain good customer relations
- Provide external customers ( i.e., agents and insured’s) and internal customers (i.e., underwriting, claims, and accounting) with information to assist in their understanding of audit-related matters, including audit statements, procedures, and worksheets
- Remain informed of changes and current information relative to premium auditing through discussions with industry experts and review of industry-related literature
- Exhibit excellent time management skills and have the ability to work from a home office with little direct supervision
- Conduct business in a professional manner to conserve and protect the corporate assets of Builders Mutual
- Conduct physical audits and pre-audits on larger or more complex risks
The role will be filled at the Premium Auditor or Senior Premium Auditor level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
SKILLS to get the JOB done RIGHT:
- Premium Auditor role
- BA / BS in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field plus 1-3 years of experience in premium audit or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Senior Premium Auditor role
- BA / BS in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field plus 3-5 years of experience in premium audit or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Office), mainframe experience a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Highly effective in time management
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Higher degree of experience and technical knowledge of the NCCI and ISO manual rules as they relate to the classification and calculation of exposures to determine the appropriate premium for the coverages provided by the policies assigned to be audited
Some overnight travel is required
WHY YOU’LL LOVE TO WORK HERE
Builders Mutual cares about you, and we offer comprehensive employee benefits built to support your success and wellbeing, including:
- Market-driven compensation and bonus plan
- 3 weeks of paid time off (and your birthday too!)
- 37.5-hour work week; end your Friday at 2:30 PM
- Builders University for employees, dedicated to supporting the development and enhancing expertise
- Earn swag and extra time off through peer recognition Builders Bucks program
LIFE at Builders Mutual
- Collaboration| You are part of a team working together to reach a common goal.
- Empowerment| You will feel trusted, valued, and given the resources to be successful.
- Flexibility| You will be part of a dynamic work environment designed to allow you to do your best work while also creating the best possible customer experience.
- Impact| You will positively influence our business, customers, and industry.
- Sense of pride | You will tell others how much you enjoy working at Builders Mutual.
Builders Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer.