Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman delivers exceptional service and innovative solutions to our customers globally in the pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment sectors to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.
As a Customer Delivery Technician you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing chemical feed equipment. Responsibilities will also consist of monitoring Buckman’s chemical applications by collecting various samples thru the paper mill processes, conducting laboratory testing, reporting these results on a daily schedule and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Installation: Set up and install new equipment according to specifications and safety guidelines.
- Preventive Maintenance: Perform routine inspections and preventive maintenance to identify and address potential issues before they lead to equipment failure.
- Lab Testing: Performing daily testing and reporting on process variables. Such as pH, Conductivity, retentions, etc.
- Repair and Replacement: Execute repairs or replace faulty components, parts, or systems to restore equipment to optimal working condition.
- Monitor and adjust: Monitor and adjust chemical dosages/applications when required.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of service activities, including inspections, repairs, and replacements. Provide detailed reports on the status of equipment.
- Customer Interaction: Communicate with customers to understand their concerns, explain repair procedures, and provide recommendations for equipment optimization.
- Adherence to Safety Standards: Responsible for all aspects of safety on the job, including compliance with Buckman Safety, HAZMAT & Product Stewardship policies, and complying with Buckman policy regarding the shipping of analytical samples.
- Training and Development : Provide training to end-users on the proper use and maintenance of equipment. Documents customer training using personal service reports.
- Inventory Management: Monitor and manage chemical and equipment inventory.
- Continuous Learning: Stay informed about advancements in technology, equipment, and industry standards. Attend training sessions to enhance technical skills.
- Team Collaboration: Works with Buckman sales personnel to discover customer needs and maintain account leadership.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Strong mechanical, electrical, or electronic skills preferred
- Proficiency in using lab and feed equipment.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must have valid driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation