Customs Account Analyst
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
This position is responsible for the handling of documentation preparation, monitoring and coordinating of customs release of freight for the import of commercial goods into United States in accordance with the Customs Regulations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- To provide the highest level of customer service to clients, vendors, and service providers in acquiring the proper import documentation
- Rating, classifying, and release of shipments
- Coordination of cross-border release to include export pedimento (customs declaration) and drayage coordination
- Logging of border shipment entries into the Buckland database
- Preparation of customs and internal documents with guidance when necessary
- Completion of mid to high volume of entries
The ideal candidate will bring:
- College certificate in customs or secondary school diploma + related experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook & Windows
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently
- Industry related experience an asset
- Above average and accurate keyboarding skills
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department