US/Mexican Customs Service Representative
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
This position is responsible for handling of the documentation preparation, monitoring and coordinating of customs release of freight for the import of commercial goods into United States and Mexico in accordance with the Customs Regulations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- To provide the highest level of customer service to clients, vendors, and service providers in acquiring the proper import documentation
- Preparation of customs and internal documents
- Completion of mid to high volume of entries
- Queries handled in a prompt, efficient and professional manner
- Client servicing and reporting of any issues to Team Leader/Manager
- Work to be performed in conformance with the Buckland Quality System (BQS)
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Ability to travel between Canada and the USA to other offices
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent office experience
- 5 Years plus experience with Import/Exports at the Southern Border
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, an asset
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Above average and accurate keyboarding skills
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department