Compliance Specialist – Duty Drawback
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Director, Compliance and Consulting, this position assists on duty drawback related projects for major clients. This individual will provide management of collecting, uploading/keying data into software, analyzing duty drawback claims and filing with CBP. This position will also support any post filing activities involving the duty drawback claims filed by Buckland on behalf of our clients which include but are not limited to: KPIs, track payments and invoicing. The position will also require intermediate to advanced knowledge of the duty drawback regulations. This person must be a self- starter, able to work independently and reliable. Responsibilities will include review, analysis, calculation and filing of client valuation filings. The role requires professional communication with clients, suppliers and government representatives as well as administrative support for the Compliance team.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Ensures timely follow up with client’s contacts to obtain necessary documentation which include but are not limited to, import entry details, payment details, inventory details, export details and bills of material.
- Maintain client and vendor relationships
- Perform as an integral part of the compliance team
- Participate in meetings and work together as a team to complete projects
- Utilizing client and Buckland software to organize and manage workload
- Follows client and Buckland procedures
- Use analytical skills in problem solving a variety of situations
- Create reports, assist in drafting compliance processes and work instructions
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of valuation experience preferred
- College or High School Diploma
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Solid analytical skills with an emphasis on accuracy
- Above average and accurate keyboarding skills
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Ability and desire to travel between US and Canada when needed
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department