Supervisor Southbound Operation
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
To perform the duties of Supervisor of Southbound Operations, the candidate will supervise the Laredo Southbound Operations team, working with the Team Leaders over each department / shift. They must be able to solve problems and work without direct supervision and be able to guide, direct, and delegate. Coordinate the process of documentation handling and advances for clearance, monitoring and control of all entry/entry summary preparation to ensure shipments are entered in accordance with the MX Regulations. The candidate must provide the highest level of customer service to our valued customers. They must be willing to communicate directly with other Supervisors, Team Leaders, and the MX Operations Manager and filter communication thru to the operations staff.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- To provide the highest level of customer service
- Assists the Southbound Manager with the supervision of Southbound Customer Service Representatives
- Preparation of customs and internal legal documents
- Assists Southbound Customer Service Representatives in tariff classification and research.
- Train, Review, implement, and enforce Buckland policies and procedures working alongside Team Leads and Managers
- Client servicing to include support for sales; to review and provide necessary detail specific to client need in quoting new business and supporting existing business
- Reports any problems or issues directly to the Manager
- Assists Manager in staff scheduling
- Assists Southbound Manager with performance reviews
- Manage and oversee the day to day customs operations with an eye for creating efficiencies
- Develop procedures to ensure the efficient and the cost- effective operation and utilization of the facility as well modify existing ones.
- Monitoring all yard and equipment inspections
- Ensure compliance of the Mexican regulations when the pedimento are filled by Buckland or Buckland partners
- Manage a network of MX customs clearance partners and drayage companies to ensure 100% coverage of our customers
- After hours support as required either on site or by on call through company cell phone
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Degree or diploma in International Trade, Logistics, Business or related discipline
- 5 + years proven customs, compliance, international trade, logistics and shipping experience
- Knowledge and experience in Annex 24 and IMMEX program
- Bilingual (fluent in both Spanish/English) is necessary
- Working knowledge of Mexican customs software
- Solid understanding of Mexican customs
- Full understanding of US customs regulations is an asset
- Experience with workplace health and safety
- Must have valid passport and be willing and able to travel within the USA, Canada and Mexico 25% of the time
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department