Manager, Air & Ocean Mexico
Air and Ocean MX Manager
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
the Manager, will lead the daily air and ocean operations of Buckland Mexico providing a significant contribution for defining the local strategic direction based on the overall business strategy. Responsible for growing market share, maximizing revenue and the P&L for Mexico.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- To provide the highest level of customer service to Buckland Mexican Brokers, clients, vendors, and service providers.
- Enhance communication across Buckland Portfolio of clients and any other third party Logistic relate to operations during Transitions to complete set up. Billing and Finance perspectives.
- Build a high-performance team with individuals focused on operations, client service, business development and corporate sales
- Supervise all Mexican Air & Ocean operations for all Buckland clients.
- Lead reconciliation efforts on MX Brokers Balance statements, Buckland Balance statements and Client Balance Statements.
- Manage and Report Mexican operational P&L
- Assessing and manage Buckland Funds with assigned MX Brokers.
- Request to replenish Buckland funds as need it in accordance with volume increases and new client onboard.
- Coordinate sessions as need it or requested by MX IOR to review Billing and Financial Statements.
- Coordinate T.A.P. sessions with Buckland Different departments to implement and update onboarding status to delegate responsibilities and dates.
- Auditing and Ensure Buckland invoice match Buckland quote on new onboarding projects.
- Assists the Mexican Operations Manager with the supervision of Mexico Customer Service Representatives
- Assists Mexican Customer Service Representatives in tariff classification and research.
- Maintenance of client database to include tariff, vendors, USMCA, EUR1, etc.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent , Master’s Degree an asset
- 8-12 years of professional services and operations management experience
- Extensive Experience on Mexico Air & Ocean Customs Operations
- Analytical and data driven decision making mentality
- Experience with or strong excitement for building a startup from inception
- Proven track record of managing high performance teams
- Prefer Lean process, Kaizen, Six Sigma, process improvement experience
- Enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve
- Experience managing & driving global projects from beginning to end
- Ability to make decisions that impact customer service levels with a sense of urgency
- Fluent in Spanish and English
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department