IT Support Specialist
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to Manager, IT Operations this position is responsible for proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish their daily tasks in a timely manner. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests via phone, ticketing system or in person.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Field incoming help requests from end users via phone, ticketing system or in person
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production systems, software, and communication links.
- Assist with configuration, installation and maintenance of software, hardware and telecommunications services such as: personal computers, systems software, software applications, printers, telephones, VOIP, servers, routers, switches, modem cabling and Internet service providers and general office equipment.
- Assist with planning, design, procurement and installation of server and database hardware, software and related equipment.
- Assist with server operating system and application upgrades, bug fixes and patching.
- Assist department to ensure hardware, software and network are available 99+% of time on 24/7 basis, excluding scheduled downtime.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Currently enrolled or fully completed Computer Science Degree/Diploma or related technical education focusing on the following:
- VMWare (ESXI/vSphere, VDI/Horizon View)
- Networking involving multiple platforms, Cisco/Nortel/HP/Dell etc.
- Switching, Routing, WAN and Remote Access
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows 2010 and later server environment and the accompanying enterprise applications, Active Directory, IIS, file servers, etc.
- Technical writing
- Desktop support for PC environment supporting Windows 10 and later, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with servers, databases and operating systems including the Microsoft Server operating system is an asset.
- Experience with the following; Windows Server and Desktop OS,
- Experience in any of the following technologies is an asset; Microsoft Azure, VMWare ESXI/vSphere, VMWare Horizon View/VDI, Microsoft Exchange Server, MS SQL Server 2016 and later, project implementation, EDI and Business Re-Engineering, VOIP telephone system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Requirement to be on-call when necessary
- Ability and desire to travel in the USA and to Canada if necessary
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.