Postdoctoral Researcher - Hansen lab
The new Hansen lab is inviting highly qualified, inquisitive scientists to apply for positions as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow. The focus of our research is to understand how the basic cellular recycling process called autophagy is regulated during aging, using the nematode C. elegans and mammalian cell culture systems and a combination of biochemical, imaging, and genetic approaches. Successful applicants for this career-development position will be involved in defining their own research direction.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in a biological science or related field and a strong publication record.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The starting salary for a new postdoc at the Buck is $65,610 in 2022, with a range up to $82,000 commensurate with postdoc level & experience.
- Exciting, dynamic work environment at the forefront of science using state-of-the-art techniques
- Competitive (academic/non-profit research institute/North Bay) salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package including health insurance, paid parental leave, generous vacation and 401(k) with 5% employer match
- Collaborative environment – both for science and social activities
ABOUT THE BUCK INSTITUTE
Our success will ultimately change healthcare. At the Buck, we aim to end the threat of age-related diseases for this and future generations by bringing together the most capable and passionate scientists from a broad range of disciplines to identify and impede the ways in which we age. We are an independent, non-profit institution located in Marin County, CA, with the goal of increasing human healthspan, or the healthy years of life. Globally recognized as the pioneer and leader in efforts to target aging—the number one risk factor for diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer, macular degeneration, heart disease, and diabetes—the Buck seeks to help people live better longer. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an atmosphere where diversity of identity, experience, and background are welcomed, valued, and supported. Candidates who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply online and upload a CV and cover letter including contact information for three professional references.