Research Associate II - Metabolomics
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Research Associate II to join our metabolomics core facility. As a Research Associate II, you will play a critical role in advancing our metabolomics research efforts through expert analytical and data analysis skills. The ideal candidate should have a background in metabolomics techniques, laboratory experience, and data analysis knowledge. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team.
As this position is available immediately, the ideal candidate should be ready to start ASAP. Visa sponsorship is not available. F-1 students with OPT or STEM OPT are eligible.
- Perform sample preparation, extraction, and analysis using a variety of metabolomics mass spectrometric instruments.
- Develop and optimize metabolomics workflows to improve sensitivity, reproducibility, and throughput while adhering to quality standards.
- Collect, process data generated from metabolomics experiments, ensuring accuracy, reliability, and consistency.
- With help and supervision of other MS Core scientists, utilize statistical and computational tools to perform data analysis, including multivariate analysis, pathway analysis, and statistical modeling.
- Generate comprehensive reports, figures, and presentations summarizing experimental results for internal and external stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., biochemistry, analytical chemistry, metabolomics, or related disciplines).
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in analytical sample preparation (liquid-liquid extraction, SPE).
- Knowledge of any metabolomics data processing tools and software platforms, such as Compound Discoverer, XCMS, MetaboAnalyst, is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with any data analysis software such as R to perform statistical analyses, multivariate data analysis, and pathway analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration within a multidisciplinary team and the ability to convey complex technical information to non-experts.
- Proven track record of contributing to research projects, evidenced by publications (preferable), presentations, or project outcomes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary $65,000 - $85,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Opportunities for professional development and continuous learning in the dynamic field of metabolomics.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge instrumentation.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment fostering teamwork and innovation.
Our success will ultimately change healthcare. At the Buck, we aim to end the threat of age-related diseases for this and future generations by bringing together the most capable and passionate scientists from a broad range of disciplines to identify and impede the ways in which we age. We are an independent, non-profit institution located in Marin County, CA, with the goal of increasing human healthspan, or the healthy years of life. Globally recognized as the pioneer and leader in efforts to target aging—the number one risk factor for diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer, macular degeneration, heart disease, and diabetes—the Buck seeks to help people live better longer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an atmosphere where diversity of identity, experience, and background are welcomed, valued, and supported. Candidates who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter detailing relevant experience and skills, and contact information for at least two professional references. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews and may be asked to provide work samples or participate in practical assessments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application portal will remain open until the position is filled.