Supervisor Quality Assurance
Supervisor, Quality Assurance
Location – Nigeria (Edo State)
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology-enabled and data-driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
The education crisis is one that requires urgent, collective, and concrete action to surmount. While Nigeria is said to have the largest number of out of school children in the world, the education crisis is not just about out of school children, but also about children who are in school and not learning. In Sub Saharan Africa, statistics say that 88% or almost 9 out of 10 children and adolescents will not be able to read proficiently by the time they are of age to complete primary and lower secondary Education. With Nigeria being the most populous country in Sub Saharan Africa, this crisis impacts us most.
Bridge started operations in Nigeria in 2015, opening its first low fee private nursery and primary schools targeted at providing life changing education for families living in low-income areas of Lagos State in parts of Ikorodu, Alimosho, Badagry, Ojo, Epe, and other local government areas. In 2017, Bridge NG further expanded its reach to the most marginalized and vulnerable communities by partnering with the Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) and the State of Borno to set up a public school serving out-of-school children and children from internally displaced communities. In 2018, Bridge NG became technical partners to the Edo State government in its implementation of the Edo State Basic Education Sector Transformation program to reform its public primary and nursery school system.
Today, Bridge NG works with both communities and governments to ensure hundreds of thousands of children have access to either a well-run, high achieving affordable private or free public school so that the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4 of Quality Education becomes a reality for the millions of children in Nigeria quickly. You will join a group of young and passionate Nigerians taking concrete action to help address the education crisis in Nigeria and ensure a better future for the children of Nigeria.
The schools run by Bridge, have to operate in the most efficient and effective way possible to enable us provide life changing education that is affordable to families living below the poverty line, and to governments with limited resources. This means there is no room for waste and inefficiencies. The Operations Team is responsible for the design, execution and management of the entire sequence of processes required to service the activities of each school, and for providing that support at scale in the most cost efficient and effective way possible. Operations is the nerve centre of the company and is the interface that brings all school-level support functions together. Our mission is to provide a better service for our parents and governments, a better experience for our employees, and a stable platform on which we continue to scale our work.
Quality Assurance Department
Quality Assurance (QA) is the monitoring and evaluation of our academy operations (facilities, materials & supplies, personnel and processes) against set Bridge standards and policies to ensure total compliance. QA ensures all our schools are compliant with procedural requirements through frequent school observation visits and audits of academy operations. This team collects and analyzes data to provide valuable insights into critical operational issues that need to be addressed to ensure a consistent service level standard is achieved across each school. As an organization that operates at scale, ensuring set Bridge standards are maintained across every single school is integral to success of our model
What You Will Do
- Create extensive audits – primarily in Survey-to-Go software, to be used by Quality Assurance team
- Conduct first level analyses of audits conducted by Quality Assurance team to identify key issues/trends to be resolved based on data gathered
- Create regular written summary and detailed reports of Quality Assurance audits, issues, resolutions and recommendations
- Create periodic presentations on Quality assurance activities to State Program director and other stakeholders as required
- Follow up with applicable Bridge managers in the affected functions to ensure resolution of identified issues in a timely manner
- Manage a field team of over 20 Quality Assurance Associates
- Oversee the Quality Assurance Associates to ensure all duties as assigned are carried out.
- Manage the Quality Assurance Associates route maps and budgets.
- Validate the work of Quality Assurance team on a regular basis. This requires constant field travel.
- Ensure all the issues reported to HQ by the Quality Assurance Associates are accurate.
What You Should Have
- University degree in Business Administration or Management
- 5-7 years of professional work experience preferably working in the field or managing field teams
- 3-4 years in Supervisory and management roles
- Experience managing and working with remote or field based employees
- Experience collecting and analyzing large amounts of data in a systematic and organized fashion
- Solid problem-solving capability; must be proactive in solving both major and minor issues that arise
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Positive can-do attitude; is able and willing to take on any challenge
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment
- Passionate about following processes and procedures, extremely data-driven with strong analytical skills
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, Internet.
- Experience in creating surveys using any of the available tools
- Solid geographic knowledge of assigned State necessary
- Willing to travel in all weather
- Proactive – You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate- Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.