Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
• About the Role
We are seeking a young, talented, and self-motivated individual to support the Program Managing Director in reports preparation, data analyses and the management of all program related reports, tools, documents and deliverables. This is a role for someone that is highly organized, with strong attention to detail, strong analytical skills and strong written communication skills. The successful candidate will work primarily with the Program Managing Director and Chief of Staff and will develop an understanding of all facets of the program implementation, attend program implementation meetings and lead the creation of program reports and supporting analyses.
The role is based in our Lagos office.
• What You Will Do
- Support the production of adhoc analyses, data modeling and information requests
- Ensure that information and data is captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner
- Help produce high quality weekly, quarterly, mid-year and annual program progress reports as per contracting requirements with input from the Program Director and Program Managers
- Provide thorough progress reporting, continuous analysis of achievements, facilitate project review, evaluation and audits
- Attend meetings with the Program Director and support documentation of meeting minutes, discussions, action items and timelines agreed
- Ensure the maintenance of sound filing system and appropriate use and recording of all project experience, activities and results
- Assist all components of the program in producing and documenting all kinds of program related reports
- Undertake field visits to gather the information and results related to the program
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Program Director as per need of the program
• What You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Five years relevant working experience.
- S/he should have strong experience in financial analyses, communication, reporting, documentation and material preparation in relation to education and development fields.
- S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills.
- S/he should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- S/he must be an advanced user of MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Programming knowledge is a plus.
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity
- Attention to detail and timeliness in delivering on commitments
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in a politically sensitive environment
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions
- Respect and sensitivity towards cultural, gender, ethnicity and religious diversity
• You’re also
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.