Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
About the Role
Bridge International Academies is seeking a Director of Schools to drive the “front of house” operations at our Academies in Andhra Pradesh. This is an incredibly fast paced job, working to ensure a positive experience across all touch-points over the course of our customers' lifecycle (for as long as their child/ children are enrolled at a Bridge academy). This role will involve close work with the Operations Director, who is responsible for all “back of house” operations such as but not limited to quality assurance (our data-driven field based audit and monitoring team) or customer care (our call center serving both as the support hub for our academy manager, teachers and parents).
What You Will Do
- Drive pupil growth to increase financial sustainability
- Introduce Bridge and launch Academies in new communities
- Ensure customer satisfaction to retain existing parents
- Manage and train our Academy Management vertical (regional managers, area managers & Academy Managers).
- Most of all – ensure that Bridge consistently lives up to our promise of ensuring Knowledge for all.
What You Should Have
- For this role, we need someone who has the experience of growing a business or organization coupled with a deep passion for Bridge’s mission. Leadership, humility and self-awareness are a must to be successful. This is an incredibly fast-paced and absorbing role that will ask a lot of you but it will also be personally rewarding in that you will see the impact of your efforts first hand.
- This is a senior level position and we are looking for someone with 8+ years of experience.
- 5+ Years of Experience in Overseeing Large Teams: You are a people person and are comfortable with the entire employee lifecycle (hiring, onboarding & managing). Ideally, you will have created and successfully led large teams in retail or sales spread across a large geography.
- Love to Execute: You have demonstrated experience in making things happen. No task or challenge is too big for you and you are able to find a way to get things done!
- Think Fast and Stay Calm: Our team has a culture of fast paced thinking and we expect the person in this role to be able to handle changing priorities and stay calm under the pressure of executing well in short timelines.
- Believe in our Mission: We believe we are making a real impact in the lives of children across the developing world by democratizing their right to reach their potential.
- Low Income Community Engagement: We need someone who has the humility and comfort to engage our parents. Our parents are aspiring to give their kids a great education and we need someone who’ll engage them with respect and integrity.
- Speak Telugu or Hindi in addition to excellent English.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.