Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Operations at Bridge
Operations at Bridge are central to how everything functions seamlessly at Bridge. Operations team will be responsible for all core operations within Andhra Pradesh which includes a central and distributed headquarters team that supports and monitors the academies’ operations and designs all the processes and systems that are critical to the success of each and every academy.
About the Role
In particular, the Operations Director will be responsible for driving the execution, management and innovation of:
- Customer Care Call Centre (serving both as the support hub for our academy manager, teachers and parents)
- Field-based Academy Improvement team (direct supervision and responsibility of territories of academies)
- Quality Assurance (data-driven field based audit and monitoring team)
- Programme Officers (responsible for the design and coordination of all systems, processes and data capture for all delivery aspects of the Academy-in-a-Box)
What You Will Do
- You will be responsible for all operational performance indicators of our academies, including but not limited to staff satisfaction and turnover, cost of headquarters support per pupil, educational outcomes as measured by academic testing programme
- Learn, reinvent, optimize and manage every aspect of the operations of a Bridge International Academy and the necessary headquarters support, from classroom instruction to latrine-cleaning to customer care
- Create highly-structured, insightful processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach; alongside senior executives, critique and modify the operational components of the Academy-in-a-Box model for Andhra Pradesh
- Do or lead every job in the entire academy operations and support to some extent. No job is too big or too small.
- Manage a diverse support team including customer care, quality assurance, academy improvement, programme officers, procurement, warehousing and logistics.
What You Should Have
- At least 5-10 years of post-undergraduate, full time work experience
- Work experience managing a multi-unit retail environment
- Work experience developing and managing a culture of total focus on customer satisfaction
- Work experience drastically improving the productivity and reducing cost of a product or service
- Work experience managing and coordinating several teams to deliver on a tight schedule
- Work experience in emerging markets
- Record of building data-driven operational systems
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and, if attended, graduate institution
- Work experience, preferably in operations, as an employee at any company that has rapidly grown in headcount and number of locations, e.g., large scale retail.
- Work experience in a highly political industry, where ideological conflict is common and strategy, ingenuity, negotiation and persuasion are necessary for success.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.