Associate, Customer Insight
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Bridge Customer Insight works to uncovers human-centered insights that inform meaningful engagement as well as drive great design and innovation. We use a human lens to uncover truth, inspire possibility, and develop actionable insights and strategies that help drive confident business decision-making on matters such as, how to engage parents and teachers and which messages and campaigns will drive the most value. What makes us special is our dedication to the human voice. In every problem we tackle, we work tirelessly to make sense of the messiness of human behavior, motivations, and aspirations; transforming the random and misunderstood into meaningful findings & insights that can unlock new ways of perceiving, doing, and growing.
About the Role
The Insight team seeks smart, driven, confident people. We demand high quality work, value curiosity and impactful research, embrace diverse perspectives, and believe that trust, purpose, and strong collaboration are essential elements to a healthy team. The Associate will work closely with other members of the research team to collect, analyze, and interpret multiple streams of data, and will assist with drafts of reports and presentations. The position will contribute to research for a broad portfolio of projects and topics.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research and collect rich data using various research methods (including surveys, focus groups, stakeholder interviews, etc.)
- Proactively immerse self in research and problem solving process
- Structure and consolidate data and run thematic analysis
- Support the production of research reports based on both quantitative and qualitative observations
- Adhere to Bridge data collection standards (both in data collection and analysis)
- Support the presentation of research findings in collaboration with other members of the research team
What You Should Have
- Strong qualitative research skills, and ability to integrate qualitative and quantitative findings; Strong interpersonal skills that makes working and talking with you a pleasure
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to interpret and use maps, and connecting what you see on a map with the realities on the ground
- Strong writing and presentation skills; ability to present to audiences without social science backgrounds
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization
- Professional, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, “can do” attitude
- At least 1 year of experience in conducting field research. Exceptional Freshers with part-time experience can also be considered
- A degree, preferably in social science
- Experience working in low-income communities, preferably in both urban and rural settings
- Proven track record in being able to work well in a team as well as independently
- Experience using both quantitative and qualitative research methods as well as using data processing, categorization and analysis tools like MS Excel
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.