Admin Associate, People - Harper, Maryland County
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Bridge partners with the Liberia Government and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops his/her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. The education crisis is one that requires urgent, collective, and concrete action to surmount. While Liberia has some of the lowest rate of out of school children in the world, the education crisis is not just about out of school children, but also about children who are in school and not learning. In Sub Saharan Africa, statistics say that 88% or almost 9 out of 10 children and adolescents will not be able to read proficiently by the time they are of age to complete primary and lower secondary Education.
Bridge started operations in Liberia in 2016, partnering with the government to launch its first Partnership Schools for nursery and primary schools targeted at providing life changing education for families living in low-income areas in 8 Counties (Bomi, Grand Cap Mount, Bong, Grand Bassa, Margibi, Rivercess, Nimba and Montserrado) under MOE's multi-providers Partnership Schools for Liberia (PSL) program. In 2017, Bridge Liberia further expanded its reach to the other marginalized and vulnerable communities in Grand Kru and Maryland Counties totaling 10 counties of operations in Liberia. The program was later re-branded in 2018 to Liberia Education Advancement Programme (LEAP).
Today, Bridge Liberia works with both communities and governments to ensure thousands of children have access to either a well-run, high achieving affordable public school so that the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4 of Quality Education becomes a reality for the millions of children in Liberia quickly. You will join a group of young and passionate Liberians taking concrete action to help address the education crisis in Liberia and ensure a better future for the children of Liberia.
Admin Associate, People
The Administration team designs, develops and administers all workplaces where our employees are based, whether it be the training site, warehouse, the Bridge guest house and/or our support office. Our support office is the central hub for all support functions which serve our pupils. We host all our staff at the training site regularly as part of their ongoing leadership and development. In many of our territories, we have central warehousing facilities to store and deliver school materials (textbooks, uniforms, etc.) and, depending on the amount of inter-Bridge travel, a guest house to host Bridge visitors.
Bridge workplaces should be safe, secure and hygienic and designed to encourage a productive work environment that is focused on innovation and effective cross-functional collaboration. Our workplaces, when designed thoughtfully and administered well, help us stay connected to why we do, what we do, every day.
What You Will Do
The role holder will work collaboratively with the People and Operations Teams to achieve the following:
● Coordinate local travel arrangements (inter-schools and counties travel within South East)
● Airport pickup and drop of within the South East .
● Office inventory and asset management/maintenance
● Office supplies request and purchase
● Office maintenance and cleanliness
● Accommodation booking
● Ensure staff attendance register update
● Warehouse management (Security, Access control and maintenance)
● Operations Inventory Management (Security, Access control, Inventory issuance, Inventory checks and Inventory logistics, Inventory related documentation filing)
● Supplier Engagement (Database co-management, pricing surveys and negotiations, supplies and services logistics, purchasing and reconciliation)
● School Deliveries Coordination (Engaging Vendors and coordinating deliveries with Field Staff)
● Requires frequent travel across counties to support school staff.
What You Should Have
● Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
● Hard working with a positive can-do attitude; is able and willing to take on any challenge
● Able to "stand his/her ground" and not be convinced by any School heads, teachers or anyone to change the attendance information
● Mature and independent supervision will largely be done from Support Office while you operate in the field
● Adept at using smartphones and email programs
● Aptitude for learning new IT systems/applications
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Willingness to travel every day in all weather
● Advanced Diploma other 2-3 years experience in related field
● Planning, organizing and strong analytical skills
● Written and oral communication skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Ability to be adaptable and flexible
● A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
● A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
● A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
● A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
● A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
● A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.