Treasury Associate, Finance Operations
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
The Finance Group at Bridge partners with country and global leadership to achieve financial sustainability of our operations and make our mission come true. We provide strategic partnership to global leadership on raising capital and actionable feedback on our financial performance. We are continually focused on judicious use of resources whether for each one of our territories or for the entire organisation.
Across our rapidly scaling multi-unit enterprise, we provide leadership to build a world-class financial infrastructure. This includes the design and development of financial systems, policies, procedures (taking into account current and fast growing high volume transactions, teams, numbers of geographically distributed business units) and provision of shared services for financial operations by a centralised team specialising in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and Financial Planning & Analysis.
We serve Financial leadership in each territory by managing the accounting, accounts payable, treasury and payroll requirements of the Bridge group. We understand that our consistent operational excellence is critical to empowering our customers with data and understanding of their financial performance. We also collaborate heavily with external stakeholders such as our investors and auditors by leading all financial reporting efforts.
We are solutions oriented, heavily focused on operational excellence and hold process integrity as a core value. We lead innovation in financial process improvements across the group, thereby facilitating the success of the strategic initiatives for our global leadership.
About the Role
What You Will Do
- Preparing all payments in online banking portals for various entities in multiple currencies
- Analyzing cash flow requirements basis, the business requirements
- Liaise with the banks on matters of operational nature
- Administration of the disbursement files from various business units and corporate departments
- Support the treasury officer in various reporting requirements and analysis
- Identifies opportunities to save transaction costs
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, accounting, business or equivalent work experience.
- GL accounting background
- Good spreadsheet skills
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable with using English as primary language for communication
- Ability to work in a team environment across countries and cultures
- Working knowledge of ERP, MS Dynamics knowledge desirable
Qualities that will make your successful in this role:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; ability to empathize with customer needs, to proactively communicate and respond promptly to needs
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving work environment, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility for results and to see obstacles as challenges
- Demonstrated reliability, positive attitude, and enthusiasm
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.