Talent Acquisition Lead, Executive Search
Talent Acquisition Lead, Executive Search
Nairobi, Kenya or Lagos, Nigeria
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data-driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with the core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to a world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having a world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
The Talent Acquisition group
The Talent Acquisition team is our agency for bringing together purpose-driven, inspirational talent from diverse backgrounds to lead the Bridge movement in our support offices and schools. We believe in attracting such talent before they find out about us! Our process encourages candidates to experience a slice of Bridge life. They get to meet Bridge leaders, visit our schools and engage with our pupils, parents and teachers. We own their welcome to Bridge when they join us and work towards ensuring a great onboarding. We also work closely with the People team to help them grow by encouraging internal talent to apply for open roles. Our north star is to find the best possible talent for every open role as quickly as we can, ensuring excellence in candidate experience and in employee onboarding and induction.
We are looking for individuals who possess the ability to oversee the delivery of Bridge’s key leadership hiring, growing an international talent network that can keep pace with Bridge’s tremendous growth and build a strong employer brand that will attract the best and brightest in business to join our business in Africa and internationally.
As the Talent Acquisition Lead, Executive Search, you are a critical member of the team here at Bridge. Reporting directly into the Talent Acquisition Director, Shared Services and closely collaborating across Bridge’s executive team as well as with Talent Acquisition, you’ll spearhead the full delivery (across strategy and execution) of varied, international and critical executive hiring across both Shared Services and program-specific hiring.
You’re a highly seasoned talent acquisition and search lead, with advanced sourcing, negotiation and talent attraction ability, an extremely effective communicator, both written and verbal, and are energized by interacting with people, building relationships, and networking. These things come naturally to you and are what you crave in your working life. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, scrappiness and innovation is a must. You’ll be a champion of executive talent acquisition, someone who truly wants to elevate and deliver for the function.
You’ll work closely with VPs, MDs, and C-suite to ensure a shared understanding of the strategy and value proposition amongst internal customers and external prospects. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to multi-task and take ownership of the current talent acquisition processes from the get-go. You must be comfortable evaluating processes and creating new ones, thriving in idea generation and execution. The candidate is equally comfortable as an individual contributor as well as a leader overseeing highly-critical recruitment mandates. This is a highly impactful and hands-on role, and the Talent Acquisition’s spearhead across sourcing and delivery for highly-critical roles.
What You Will Do
● Carry out international executive searches and headhunt for key leadership and niche positions across Africa and globally.
● Be a trusted executive search partner and provide consultative support on all aspects of executive recruitment to senior business leaders.
● Collaborate closely with Talent Acquisition and Bridge’s leadership, to spearhead the hiring strategy and execution across varied key mandates, along with sustaining key relationships and talent pipelining for key positions and succession planning, across both Shared Services and program (territory) based hiring.
● Leverage best practices across talent mapping, search, talent attraction and engagement - to drive creative and focussed approaches to locate, approach, assess and hire senior executive talent.
● Partner with People for internal hiring efforts amidst succession planning.
● Design and implement the hiring strategy for critical mandates and coach other Talent Acquisition members around best practices for sourcing, talent attraction and complex hiring solutions. Empower them to engage candidates more effectively, build a pipeline and headhunt for talent, not just recruit.
● Collaborate with Talent leadership across various Shared Service and global projects - across candidate experience, employer branding, talent analytics and other initiatives.
● Strong organization and project management skills.
● Guide hiring managers and decision makers by providing valuable insight and hiring and employment data. May develop specialized or competitive intelligence and research in regards to talent development.
● Manage relationships with recruiters, academic and professional groups, and with a wider audience through use of social media and other targeted outreach to key audiences; including coordination of on-campus recruiting, job fairs, conferences, and other opportunities to connect with audiences interested in for-profit education space.
● Candidate experience focused; coach and mentor a team on meticulous candidate management using an applicant tracking system to track applicants from the selection phase through to on-boarding.
What You Should Have
● Bachelor's degree with superior academic performance.
● 5+ years within a Talent Acquisition focussed capacity, with in depth experience headhunting executive level positions.
● Advanced level of Boolean / active sourcing abilities, able to leverage a wide range of talent mapping, sourcing, engagement and talent attraction channels.
● Extensive headhunting/recruitment experience, particularly with building diverse teams.
● Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven Talent Acquisition organization (agency or corporate) as well as designing and implementing talent acquisition practices that encompass varied outreach programs, active sourcing and building longer-term talent pipelines.
● Experience in executive talent calibration and assessment would be highly preferred.
● We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
● Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
You Are Also
● A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
● A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
● A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
● A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
● A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
● A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.