Director, Public Relations/Communications
Director, Public Relations/Communications
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and
data to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning. driven
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to
world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible
endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
About the Role
As Director, Corporate Communications, you will be assisting in the formulation and management of
business wide reputation management strategy that safeguards organization’s integrity and image; you will assist with the formulation of business wide internal & external communication and engagement strategies; develop and sustain relationships with key advocates for the business and to leverage influence for the benefit of the organization. While supporting the organization’s chief spokesperson, you will also represent the organization and its partnerships. You will be responsible for developing platforms for critical stakeholder engagement /corporate communication & information dissemination. You will be at the forefront of expectation management whilst eliciting public support for the organization. You will develop corporate content and manage information for relevance and resonance.
The role is based in our Lagos office, supporting all territories within Nigeria.
What You Will Do
approach to align corporate and marketing messaging, and engagement crossfunctional
organization’sbrand positioning and engagement through cross functionalcoordination and cooperation
- Allocate importance to organization’s
business widecontent from time to time and derive maximum exposure from finite internal & external media space/platforms
- Be the
go–toperson for the media and develop strong relationships with key Technology, Education, Development and Business media
- Lead production of media and relevant content
- Assist with strategic direction, and oversight for internal & external communications planning, media management, media advocacy, specific issue & crisis management
- Develop strong
cross functionalrelationships and influence in all external facing Departments/Groups to ensure consistency of communication and information
- Co-own internal /external communication & engagement with critical stakeholders across the organization
- Proactively identify critical opportunities to direct/own organization’s narrative thereby averting PR crises and building goodwill for the organization
- Suggest alteration of strategy & tactical actions when relevant
efficiencyof Corporate Communications budgets and media influence
- Adapt Organization’s shared services Corporate Communications strategy to work effectively within
- Develop and implement Territory specific Corporate Communications strategy in conjunction with
Organization’sShared Services Corporate Communications strategy
- Provide local context and input to shared services team’s development of the overall organization’s Corporate Communication strategy
What You Should Have
- Masters' degree with
- Experience in Nigeria of working at a senior level for political, campaigning, non-profit, or social enterprise. Experience with a multinational organization is a plus.
- Experience working within a matrixed global organization
- Experience developing communication for a campaign or movement, rather than a product
- Experience developing and delivering comprehensive media strategies and complex media campaigns across a range of platforms for a range of audiences
- High profile crisis communications experience
- Experience successfully developing and managing effective working relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders including senior journalists and broadcasters and editors
- Highly developed and proven creative skills to lead a significant communications team with flair, innovation and new ideas;
- Able to present in person, as
a organizationspokesperson, to large audiences in a highly engaging way;
- Highly developed verbal, written, and oral skills to promote and represent the organization;
- Experience of offering media advice and guidance to colleagues at a senior level;
- Experience building relationships and managing external partnerships from a communications
- Knowledge of local, state and federal government issues related to the provision of primary education
- Broad grasp of Nigerian media and political context and full understanding of all media disciplines and external media environment and experience in crisis communications
- Excellent project management and organisational skills in a communications context;
- Experience of successfully managing budgets
- Prior experience within a fast-paced,
metric drivenconsulting or educational organization is a bonus
- We particularly value experience in
fast pacedgrowth organizations.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or other rapid-growth organization.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and
affordablywith the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t
relyyour intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.