Analyst, Leadership and Development
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data-driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with the core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to a world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having a world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
The objective of the Academics group is to drive student achievement. To do so, we must know -- what is happening minute-by-minute for the typical child. The student’s daily experience, and thus the path to achievement, emerges from their relationship with the teachers and the content that is delivered in the classroom. Our team is collaboratively organized around these levers. We develop rigorous content pitched at the right level for students to be delivered by a teacher who is prepared to succeed in the classroom. Our Instructional Design department builds the content; our Leadership & Development department trains teachers and school leaders using scientifically-proven techniques; our Learning Innovation department looks at cutting-edge research to generate breakthrough learning gains. Underpinning all of this is the work of the independent Measurement and Evaluation group, which provides Academics with an empirical orientation toward improving that daily experience and, in turn, driving achievement.
Leadership & Development
In joining the Leadership & Development team you are joining the group charged with ensuring that our frontline staff are exceptional leaders who are energized and empowered to ensure the kids in their communities and classrooms receive an excellent education. The team is laser-focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering the leadership in others, is unwaveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, are lifelong learners, get excited about creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behaviour and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are: a team player, hyper-focused on results, flexible in a dynamic environment, and have fun while working hard.
About the Role
This role is responsible for the collection and analysis of data relating to induction and on-going professional development for teachers and school leaders across all the territories in which Bridge operates.
What You Will Do
- Own the systems and processes for the timely collection of all data from trainings, classroom observations and any intervention carried out by L&D teams across countries
- Ensure validity and relevance of all L&D data collection tools through a regular field-testing and reviewing process.
- Analyze training and classroom data for trends, both within a single country and globally to generate recommendations for key stakeholders within the organization.
- Create well-written reports and memos with effective data visualization to communicate training outcomes to different sets of stakeholders at Bridge.
- Design and lead pilot projects that seek to answer questions on training and coaching effectiveness which will eventually lead to process improvements for L&D
- Collaborate with different teams at Bridge, such as Academics, Measurement & Evaluation, People Operations, and Customer Insights to share knowledge and develop initiatives to improve a teacher’s experience at Bridge.
What You Should Have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in education, economics, mathematics, or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in school education either teaching and/or in teacher training.
- Any experience in international education and/or education-related measurement and evaluation experience would be a bonus.
- Ability to run and interpret simple statistical analysis; ability to distill trends in data into actionable recommendations for stakeholders
- Belief in data-driven and evidence-based decision making and strong data visualization skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Google Suite.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.