Manager, Supply Chain
Job Title: Manager, Supply Chain
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Operations are central to how everything functions seamlessly at Bridge. The Operations group is responsible for all core operations within the region. This includes a central and distributed headquarters team that supports and monitors the academies’ operations and designs all the processes and systems that are critical to the success of each and every academy.
Supply Chain/Supply Chain
Supply Chain is at the forefront of building an incredibly lean organisation. Charged to ensure we are getting the best pricing, that our goods are transported efficiently and cleanly, and that our warehousing activities are highly organised and architected for growth and rapid change.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for an absolute rockstar to join our senior leadership team and take our Supply Chain group to the next level. It is an extraordinary, but highly challenging role. Supply Chain is responsible for inventory management, procurement, logistics, and warehousing to service the activities of each and every academy.
Supply Chain is at the forefront of building an incredibly lean organisation. You will lead the charge to ensure we are getting the best pricing, that our goods are transported efficiently and cleanly, and that our warehousing activities are highly organised and architected for growth and rapid change.
You will be building a world-class Supply Chain platform – and that requires you to be a hands-on leader who effectively manages a large, multi-functional team and proactively dives into the nitty gritty to improve processes and systems. You will need to be tough but fair to ensure that we build a zero-tolerance environment for any fraud and leakage. You will train, develop, and mentor your team, and provide clear, constructive feedback where necessary.
You must be a team player – Supply Chain is deeply integrated with our Development and Operations groups, and you will interact with other teams frequently. You are singularly focused on building a better Bridge, regardless your title or department designation.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university with top marks; MS/MBA a plus
- Strong background in Supply Chain management; deep knowledge of procurement, warehousing, logistics best practices
- Significant and meaningful leadership experience leading Supply Chain teams in fast-growth, multi-unit environments
- High integrity with zero tolerance for any unethical business practices
You Are Also:
● A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
● A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
● A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
● A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
● A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
● A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.