Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops his/her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Liberia Administration Manager
Bridge partners with the Liberia Government, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops his/her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. The Administration Manager is essential to ensuring Bridge facilities across the country is in prime condition and represents who we are.
People Operations Department
The Department is responsible for handling the human resources of organization and managing all things that concern the welfare of our staff. The team work to ensure teachers and support staff are working in the most suitable environment. We also ensure that we hire people who are motivated, ambitious, open to learn and grow and willing to take on new responsibilities and initiatives. The team comprises of a Director, a People Manager and Administration Manager and several Associates and Assistants.
About the Role
As the Administration Management, you will be responsible for the efficient functioning of all Bridge offices through a range of administrative, financial and managerial tasks. You will essentially ensure the smooth running of an office on a day-to-day basis and may manage a team of administrative or support staff.
What You Will Do
● Organizing meetings and managing databases
● Booking transport and accommodation for staff travelling in field
● Organizing company events or conferences
● Ordering stationery and furniture for office use
● Managing office guest house and ensuring that the policy is adhere to by visiting staff
● Ensuring Residence and Work Permits are processed in time for all international staff
● Process visas for international staff
● Process Business Registration and Tax Clarence for Bridge and ensure all Bridge offices rental contracts are negotiated, processed and/or renewed
● Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries
● Preparing letters, presentations and reports
● Supervising and monitoring the work of administrative staff
● Managing office budgets on maintenance, repairs and office supplies
● Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients to ensure everyone needs are met in a timely manner
● Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
● Delegating tasks to junior employees
● Organizing induction programmes for new employees
● Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date
● Using a range of software packages
● Attending meetings with senior management
● Assisting the organization's HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews and so on.
What You Should Have
● A Bachelor’s degree Social sciences, Business Management or in any relevant field
● At least 3 years relevant experience, including extensive experience in logistics, procurement, contract negotiation, retail, sales, and customer strategy
● Prior experience working within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up or high-growth company experience preferred
● Experience in an administrative role and good interpersonal and time management skills.
● Experience planning events; interacting with major stakeholders; community, business and government
● Passion for Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
● A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
● A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
● A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
● A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
● A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
● A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.