Remote Content Writer - Jamaica
This is a full-time remote contract position and is open to candidates anywhere in the Caribbean.
For our open positions in other locations, click here.
Wordsmith, logophile, editor extraordinaire — at Brafton, you’re a Content Writer, and you’ll be an essential part of our creative production team. As a member of our Editorial department, you’ll be dedicated to producing strong, creative written work that fuels our clients’ strategic SEO objectives and content marketing goals. You’ll create copy for blog articles, landing pages, white papers, case studies, eBooks, infographics, animated videos, and more. Whether you’re writing from client-provided resources or creating your own SEO briefs based on keyword research, you’ll know how to quickly adapt your approach and produce copy that blends in seamlessly with any brand’s tone and style.
You’ll write for a variety of our clients, many of which are in B2B industries ranging from technology, health care, and finance to business, education, and marketing. You’ll leverage a natural curiosity and love for learning as you research and write about a variety of complex topics — but your time management skills will keep you working efficiently to hit project deadlines. As a self-motivated professional, you’ll have no problem tackling daily and monthly production goals by delivering high-quality content at a consistent pace.
Client experience is paramount at Brafton, so, alongside your fellow Project Managers and Content Marketing Strategists, you’ll attend video meetings with clients for recurring check-ins and interviews with subject matter experts. Since you’ll be a part of project-specific teams with remote colleagues based around the globe, you’ll remain highly communicative and autonomous in your role.
Ready to join a fast-paced agency at the forefront of innovation and creativity in content marketing? Read on to see if Brafton is the right fit for you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research, create, revise, and deliver high-quality content to clients according to specified deadlines.
- Edit the work of your peers using Brafton’s editing marks and processes.
- Work with Project Managers and Content Marketing Strategists to ensure our clients’ expectations and goals are met.
- Virtually attend project, client, and team meetings.
- Brainstorm and pitch topics.
- Conduct keyword research and SEO briefs.
- Track writing and editing production work on a daily basis using our in-house project management system.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years of relevant content marketing industry writing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
- Applicants who possess experience in any of our core subject areas are strongly preferred: software, tech, finance, health care, higher education, and B2B fields like human resources, marketing, manufacturing, etc.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an extreme attention to detail.
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO and best practices for branded writing.
- Strong, efficient research abilities and the ability to quickly learn, understand, and write about complex subjects.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with a desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- A creative approach to client briefs and content marketing goals.
- Strong videoconferencing presence for client meetings.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members in a fully remote environment.
- Knowledge of AP (Associated Press) Style is a plus.
To learn more about Brafton, CHECK US OUT HERE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Brafton is an Equal Opportunity employer. In addition to federal law requirements, Brafton complies with applicable state, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training.