Associate Director, Social Media Team - Canada (Remote)
This is a 100% remote, full-time contract position and is open to candidates anywhere in Canada. For our open positions in other locations, click here.
The Associate Director, Social Media Team reports to the Director of Social Media. This role has great knowledge of social media across all areas/networks and is up-to-date on the most recent industry changes and trends. The manager is a great communicator, leader and extensively understands how to navigate the department and business to get the best results for Brafton clients.
The manager supports the Director of Social Media in whatever way is appropriate in ensuring quality outcomes for all live social clients and in growing and developing social media revenue at point of sale and across the existing account base. The manager is also a central player in building and strengthening team culture and in the ongoing development of social media services.
ALLOCATION: This role is 50 percent production allocation and 50 percent management allocation. However, in some instances it might make sense for work to be strategically assigned to the manager.
The Director of Social Media will assign tasks or special projects to this role as makes sense. The following outlines our current expectations for how this role's management time will be allocated:
- Assisting members of the team in creating social media strategies, performing client research, creating/delivering proposals and ROI reports. This aspect of the role may require you to take the lead on client calls to teach by example or to listen in to provide valuable, constructive feedback.
- Helping to run new client kick-off calls or in-person meetings to ensure expectation setting around the products and services is clear.
- Assisting the Director of Social Media in training new team members.
- Running team meetings.
- Working in conjunction with the Director of Social Media, spearheading the development of a team culture that promotes creativity and constant learning.
- Handling escalation calls when necessary.
- Managing team administrative duties (which may include but are not limited to: payroll changes, work from home and PTO data, etc.)
- Researching and utilizing new social tools that could be beneficial to the team.
- Create useful client-facing social collateral such as case studies and success stories.
- Assisting the Director of Social Media in assigned production-related tasks, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing members’ individual resourcing and making changes accordingly.
- Managing and updating client allocations each month.
- Tracking social delivery and reporting back to the production and PM team monthly.
SUPPORTING DIRECT REPORTS IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Creating, executing and reporting on social media strategies for assigned clients. This includes but is not limited to crafting, posting and tracking posts across various social media platforms, social listening, follower pushes, engaging with influencers etc.
- Preparing and executing the research, proposals and call preparation for all assigned clients, as is necessary.
- Troubleshooting client strategies, as necessary, when our work isn't meeting their expectations or hitting KPIs. This may include collaborating with account managers or other team members to pitch alternative social products, services or strategies to improve results.
- Preparing and delivering effective monthly reports for the client. These reports should prove ROI and/or the efforts of an effective social media strategy.
- Presenting reports to clients with conviction and being able to prove ROI on the strategy or pitch recommendations.
Time/Breakdown expectations around the role:
- 50 percent management allocation
- 50 percent production allocation
- This role is fully remote.
To learn more about Brafton, CHECK US OUT HERE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Brafton is an Equal Opportunity employer. In addition to federal law requirements, Brafton complies with applicable state, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training.