Editorial Content Manager (Hawaii remote)
This is a 100% remote position and is open to candidates based in Hawaii. Relocation assistance will not be provided. For other states/regions, see our other job openings here.
The Editorial Content Manager is a West Coast or Hawaii-based management position that oversees approximately 5-8 remote content writers in the PST and HST time zones and provides strategic Editorial support to clients in the US and AU.
For their assigned writers, the Editorial Content Manager works to achieve the following:
- 100% delivery of assigned client work each month.
- Supporting and evolving writers as they work to deliver quality, content on-brief and on deadline.
For the purpose of this summary we'll break the role into four main pillars:
Process & Policy is at the heart of Brafton's Editorial Teams and this role works very closely with their staff, colleagues (such as other department heads), and the Creative Director, Copy & SEO to adhere to, revise, or update process as makes sense. These policies and processes can be related to workflow and production, internal team-mgmt operations, or the work itself (like editorial sourcing best practice, SEO, or image use).
Production: Delivery & Quality This role ensures two (sometimes competing) aims are achieved: 100% delivery and exceptional quality. This role works with writers directly to manage allocations and balance competing priorities.
Cross-Departmental Collaboration & Support
The Editorial Content Manager supports their writers in effective communication and collaborating with other stakeholders (PMs, CMS, and clients). They are always guiding writers toward communicating in a way that can achieve clarity, delivery, and quality for assigned work.
Areas of Special Focus
In collaboration with the Creative Director, Copy & SEO, the Editorial Content Manager works to achieve the following for the editorial department:
- Seamless adherence to process and workflows for West Coast- and Hawaii-based Editorial staff.
- Creative collaboration and leadership for Brafton’s Australian client base.
- Strong personnel management and professional development skills.
- Superb management and communication skills at all levels throughout the business.
- Highly organized, process-led, and detail-oriented.
- The ability to guide writers to achieve strong quality content — even for difficult briefs or challenging assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage allocations and effectively assign and manage staff workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven agency environment.
- The ability to spot and foster editorial talent among prospective and existing employees.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Tenacious in ensuring on-time and on-brief delivery.
- Fast-moving in the implementation of department policy and guidance.
- Firm grasp of media law.
- Demonstrated history of flagging problems and collaboratively working toward a solution.
- Resiliency & flexibility during times of stress or change.
- Expertise in SEO writing best practices.
- 3+ years of agency experience
- 5+ years of professional writing and editing experience
- 2+ years of management experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY | E-VERIFY: Brafton is an Equal Opportunity employer. In addition to federal law requirements, Brafton complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Brafton (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).