UX/UI Designer (Remote)
This is a remote position and is open to candidates in any US state. Boston and Chicago candidates will have the option to work in one of our offices in the future.
Brafton is searching for a UI/UX Designer to work with our design and development teams on both internal software development and client-facing website development projects.
This role reports into the Design Director. He or she also collaborates closely with Brafton's Chief Technology Officer when working on Brafton's proprietary platforms and technologies.
Internal UX & UI Work (Brafton's Platforms & Tech)
As part of Brafton’s push to produce a Content Marketing SaaS product we are adding UX/UI designer to our in-house team (so as not to denigrate past or current work). The UI/UX Designer's responsibility will encompass the design and mocking-up of initially smaller designed elements of our existing platform, with a view to developing a consistent internal style guide for all major aspects of our software’s interaction.
Client-Facing UX & UI Work
In addition, the UI/UX Design contractor collaborates on work on our clients' sites and projects. Along with other stakeholders, this role will ensure the timely and quality production of UX design wireframes and mockups for mobile and desktop. Confident project ideation and consultancy on client-facing calls is a must. Complete working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is required as well as other Adobe software. Ideal candidates will be able to maintain high design standards, provide excellent customer service, complete desk research, work on daily deadlines, and has excellent typography skills. Knowledge of CSS, HTML is required.
We need a candidate with the following skills:
- Exceptional design and creative skills.
- The ability to work with both design and functional restrictions to help produce attractive, user-friendly, and intuitive interfaces.
- Familiarity with the design differences of an ‘app’ versus a ‘website’.
- Ability to translate researched information into visually stimulating and intellectually engaging typography, illustration, and infographics.
- Experience in designing the interaction / UX portion of an application interface.
- Comfort with the constraints and requirements of a ‘responsive’ design that automatically adjusts for varying device and window sizes.
- Someone who enjoys and understands the dynamics of modern digital products and has a strong perspective on best practices for optimizing customer experiences.
- Familiarity with appropriate design tools for mocking up responsive design UI/UX, ie Illustration, Adobe XD etc
- An eye for visual experimentation, and presentation of differing application elements and their effectiveness as far as ease-of-use, intuition, and screen-space optimization are concerned
- Someone who can absorb and follow the "Material Design" guidelines for UI/UX
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Creating custom UX mockups/wireframes using Adobe Illustrator.
- Transitioning easily between multiple topics and aesthetics.
- Creating mock-ups of individual design elements of our platform products.
- Helping produce consistent rules and guidelines for the use of all common design elements across apps, ie headings, dates, sub-titles, etc.
- Managing an over-arching design style guide for our applications, to keep the rules simple and documented.
- Developing and mocking up the full architecture of our client-facing SaaS product, as a platform for internal experimentation and discussion around functionality and form.
- Participating in client-facing planning calls for UX & UI projects.
- Executing on client-facing UX & UI work (creating custom wireframes and high-impact mock-ups).
- Ensuring timely delivery of client UX wireframes and mockups per the assigned delivery date.
- Incorporating feedback and updates to completed client-facing UX projects.
- Experience dealing directly with clients
- Well-organized and able to work consistently on recurring projects
- Proficiency using the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design or related field
- Advanced courses in Typography
- Strong layout and color application
- Online Portfolio
This is a 100% remote working role, so location is not important. You would work with managers in both Boston and London, however you’ll be able to operate day to day in your local time zone, but on occasion be able to adjust your schedule to cover meetings or calls with staff and clients in Australia or the UK.
As such you must be setup to operate effectively from your own work-space and be comfortable with pure remote / home-based working. Brafton’s core business is heavily remote focused - and was so well before the COVID-19 pandemic, as such the business is extremely agile and well adapted to such working practices.
Benefits Include: Health, Dental, Vision, Colonial Life, 401k with Match, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, in-office perks and more!
To learn more about Brafton, Check out our Careers Page!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY | E-VERIFY: Brafton is an Equal Opportunity employer. In addition to federal law requirements, Brafton complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Brafton (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).